Hardwood in Toronto

Anyone know of a place that sells hardwood at reasonable prices in Toronto? I priced some red oak today, while I was picking up some odds and ends for my project. Holy Crap Batman, they wanted $73 for a 1*8*8. Not to mention $4.00 for some sickly 2*4.

TIA

Reply to
Bill Stock

Home Depot has it in Ottawa - S4S for $44.64 Assuming you can find a nice looking board... I usually have to dig. I can't see there being such a big price difference between Ottawa & TO, unless yours was extra special stuff.

A 1 x 8 x 6 runs $33.47 A 1 x 2 x 8 runs $19.92

That doesn't include the 15% we pay to our elected friends.

Pat

Reply to
Pat

This link to suppliers is kind of old, but it still works. You can source out a few of these companies depending on where you're located in Canada.

Upscale

Here's the link for all of Canada.

Upscale

Thanks Upscale...

Reply to
Pat

A&M Wood. Not in Toronto but worth the drive.

Reply to
philmfx

Thanks Phil, interesting place.

Reply to
Bill Stock

It's well worth the trip down to Cambridge. I get most of my wood there. Last time, someone from Michigan was loading a big trailer with Black Walnut. It's best to go on a weekday, if you can swing it.

Reply to
Ben Stanley

If you don't mind a 30 minute drive up the 404, you should check out the Century Mill on Stouffville Road about 200 metres east of Kennedy or you can visit

I love the place and they have a couple of rooms filled with off-cuts of many hardwoods and exotics at prices that don't take your breath away.

I send people there often but I never get any free wood. < sigh >

HTH

Gerry

Reply to
G.E.R.R.Y.

The last time I was actually in the shop, they had a huge chunk (like

3'x8'xmaybe 4") of Brazilian Rosewood. With a sign on it that said "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

I didn't ask.

Dave O'H oheareATmagmaDOTca

Reply to
David O'H