hardware source for contemporary furniture?

Hello, I'd like to try some furniture building projects. My preference is for modern/contemporary style. However, I need sources for appropriate hardware. for example, the metal feet usually found on bathroom console/open vanity, or metal dowels that often are supports for glass shelves. a google search produced nothing of use. I'm new to the group, tia and sorry if this has been asked before, greg

Suggest you browse the hardware section of Lee Valley Tools
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/index.asp?SID=&ccurrency=1
Woodworkers Supply also has stuff www.woodworker.com

wrote in message

I suggest you get a paper copy of the LV hardware catalog. Browsing is much easier.
This store has quite everthing you will need.
http://www.rockler.com
Maxen
You might want to try Doug Mockett Supply. Not sure they have all you are looking for. Good Luck.
http://www.mockett.com/default.asp?id=2
Dennis Slabaugh, Hobbyist Woodworker www.woodworkinghobby.com

This is a great looking resource. Thanks for posting, Dennis.
Patriarch
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:18:40 GMT, patriarch

Yeah, like this is worth EIGHTY FOUR BUCKS? http://www.mockett.com/default.asp?ID=4&action tail&partCode=SPH5
It is, however, contemporary.
--- Is it time for your medication or mine? http://diversify.com Custom Website Applications

Is that Frugal Fred again?
On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 03:47:59 GMT, patriarch

No, this one came from Sensible Sam. They're absolutely ubiquitous, wot?
--
The ancient and curious thing called religion, as it shows itself in the
modern world, is often so overladen with excrescences and irrelevancies

Sybil, is that you? ;-)
On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:29:45 GMT, patriarch

Definitely not. "Yes, why do you ask?" 'I don't think so.'