Hardware search

Hey to the group.
I'm hoping maybe someone can help me locate a type of elevator bolt I'm looking for. What I need is an elevator bolt, 1/4-20 thread size 2" long or longer and with a hex socket or "allen head" socket in the top instead of the usual hex bolt head under the "washer" head. I know I've seen such a thing before but it seems to me maybe it was a part to something I was once working on. I have searched high and low both on and off the net and came up with nothing. Only thing I found locally was the standard elevator bolt. Can anyone point me to a possible source perhaps??
Thanks!
Jim
-- ....
you mean like one of these
http://www.boltdepot.com/socket-products.aspx
Tom
James D Kountz wrote:

McMaster-Carr?
UA100
http://www.tapcoinc.com/english/products/spec_fast_eclipse.htm
The only thing I am aware of is the slotted elevator bolt.

or
once
up
Can
Haven't seen just the elevator bolts, but Rockler has it as part of a cabinet leveler. See:
http://tinyurl.com/28z2q
Uses an hex wrench to adjust from the end. Is that what you had in mind?
I suppose you could toss the bracket if you don't need it.
HTH,
Paul

James D Kountz wrote:

At the bottom of this page I've got pictures of heavy duty swivel head levelers with "broach heads" - for an allen head wrench to fit in. The nuts on them came with them and won't be needed because I used the T-nuts, also on them.
www.wood-workers.com/users/charlieb/!M&T/CBbench20.html
I got them at cal-fastener (www.cal-fastener.com/leveling-mounts.html) who carry all kinds of useful things. They've got a "Minimum Order of $100" so that could be a problem but you can get the descriptor terms you need to describe what you want for a google search.
Slick being able to adjust from above rather than trying to get two wrenches under a leg or cabinet base.
charlie b
Thanks to everyone who offered help. Actually all of these are really close but none are exactly what I was looking for. I did however find one. On a piece of exercise equipment my friend has. He has one of the "flex" machines. Not sure if its a bow flex or what. However what it is exactly is a standard looking elevator bolt, flat head or "washer" head as I call them. They have a small 1/8" allen head socket in the flat head. There is no hex sided bolt thingy under the washer head as on regular elevator bolts. Its threaded all the way to the washer head. In other words theres no place to put a wrench on the thing. Only way to turn it is with the allen wrench in the top of the washer head. I tried to steal the bolt from his machine but can you believe it he wouldnt let me have it! LOL
Jim

or
of
once
came up

Can

Perhaps you could order them as spare parts, from the manufacturer of the flex machine.

close
is
them.
Take a look at these... http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/findprod.cfm?sku68