Hardening wood putty again

A couple weeks ago I posted a question on this and before getting back to read the advice I had put a cotton ball moistened with water in the jar. This has made the wood putty softer and workable, now my question is, since the putty has absorbed some water will it now shrink up as it dries in the hole it used in? Would I be better off to forget the bottle and just start over with a new one? Thanks all.
--
Paul
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Not knowing what "Wood Putty" is, then I can't say.
If it's based on PVA and sawdust, then the stuff shrinks like crazy anyway (why I no longer use the stuff).
If it's based on whiting, like Brummer Stopping, then you don't get measurable shrinkage, even if it's damn near a slurry when you apply it.
-- Smert' spamionam

since
the
Ahhh, forgot to mention what it is, however don't really know, it's the small jar from Rockler, Wonderfil, And wouldncha know, I just went to Rockler's site and found it. Water based. DUH! My bad. Shoulda looked to start with. Thanks for the reply anyway.