Hard to believe I can't find the answer....

...to this question.
Long story short: tried to remove some oil stain I slopped on the window pane using mineral spirits on a rag and got most of it off but kinda smeared it a bit and I was wondering what might take the rest of it off.
Is there any other way than a razor blade? It'll work (I used it on some drips) but it will take a while (a lotta drips on six 4' x 8' windows starting 10 feet off the floor. Lotta time on the ladder with a bad back and a dislike of heights.
Any other suggestions? Gotta have this done by Sunday night.
D'ohBoy
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Rag dipped in acetone or lacquer thinner.
--
Regards,
On Oct 6, 9:48 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Use solvent on a rag wrapped over a 6" taping knife.
On 6 Oct 2006 18:48:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

A neighbor had a similar problem with his 2nd story windows... he used one of those "swifter" mops with acetone and a long handle.. Mac

Keeping solvents at a distance is generally a good idea, but I'm not sure that overhead is the direction I'd want them to go.