Hard finish

I am carving a piece of basswood to be used as a template for pantograph reproducing. The stylus has a pointed but fairly blunt end. What is the hardest finish I can attain on my carving? Either by spray or brush. Thank you------------George
I would think a two part epoxy type spray finish. Some finishes are so hard that they chip, like automotive type paints. Poly gets pretty hard after about a month of curing.

Research water based finishes. They use them on basketball courts, bowling alley lanes, etc.. It is VERY hard. I can't remeber whatthe name is of the one I used-Resistane or Hydrocote or ???

Bonakemi Traffic.
Lawrence A. Ramsey wrote:

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:38:09 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (George G) wrote:

I suggest a polyester resin, which you can buy conveniently as "dry rot wood hardening resin" from Home Depot et al.
Epoxy would do it, but you'd need to work out a thinned formulation that would soak in. -- Die Gotterspammerung - Junkmail of the Gods