Harbor Fright Down Grades Quality Again

Then why aren't you checking the prices that you see to think shouldn't change?

Reply to
Richard

Ok. Got me on that one. I was thinking soda.

Reply to
Richard

So are some posters...

Reply to
Richard

Still around for some better brands in the 12 ounce bottles.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

LOL!

+1
Reply to
krw

Yes, yes, and yes. I couldn't afford a large color television (or any television, for that matter), cable, or many other *luxuries* that are considered "necessities" today.

Ok, it would save money if the unemployable were cut off from the perks of employment. Raising the minimum wage would only increase prices and lose those jobs the entry workers need.

Minimum wage was *never* expected to be a comfortable wage, yet people thing it should be. It's an entry wage (which should be zero).

Reply to
krw

The death tax is the worst possible tax. It taxe money that has already been taxed. It kill businesses and the jobs that go with them. It is nothing but a leftist's dream of "redistribution", or more precisely "retrobution".

Social Security is forced on us. If I could have avoided it, I certainly would have. I certainly intend to take what's owed (your children be damned) because it was forced on me.

Reply to
krw

Nonsense. Anyone with the most basic of math skills could see that it was a loser, from day 1.

SSI is a *completely* different program. It has *nothing* to do with SS, other than it is administered by the same dysfunctional organization.

Reply to
krw

Well, the rich are rich *because* they've invested their money to make more money. The poor are poor because they've invested nothing, even their time.

Reply to
krw

Nope. They'll simply raise the limits so they can control them with the government handouts.

Reply to
krw

Didn't wish to offend. It's just that they contribute as much as Poker players -- Zero sum game.

Reply to
Bill

IBC Root Beer, for one.

Reply to
krw

Ok. my apologies.

Reply to
Richard

What does a "productive trader" accomplish besides moving money from someone else's 401K into their own? You might look at the Mortgage REIT's from 2008 as evidence of productive trading. All of this makes for some (unnecessary) legal expenses, i.e. lawyers.

Reply to
Bill

Thanks. For what it's worth, I'm actually pretty interested in stock trading. But watching my guesses has kept me on the sideline. My philosophy boils down to what goes way up is bound to come down a bit, and vice-versa. But I watched NFLX (NetFlix) go up 45 yesterday in after-hour trading (thinking that it might be a good quick short, or opportunity to buy a put), and then it went up another 45 today. Geeze.

Reply to
Bill

dadiOH

Stella is 11.2 Oz in the bottle.

Reply to
Markem

Which is what one would expect from a Belgian beer.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

As I said (relative to medicare), " Now, not so much, costs have just gotten way out of hand". For social security, absolutely. I know because I DID do the math.

Reply to
dadiOH

Right. Plus, assuming only a modest rate of return on the capital, one could withdraw as much or more than SS doles out and leave the capital untouched or minimally reduced. Enter the inheritance tax for all.

Reply to
dadiOH