Harbor Fright

I looked at that link, just exactly what about that blade makes it a "combination" blade?

-- SwampBug

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Reply to
SwampBug

Sounds like you've got a good one!

I will add that I'll bet these are some of the thickest skinned (and I mean that in a nice way) folks I've ever noticed. The clientel is often demanding and frugal. The lines are long. Stock runs low on popular items. And many times, I've overheard the manager talking to very disgruntled customers on the phone.

Still the folks manning the registers manage a smile.

Reply to
mttt

I don't know which store you use but if you go to the one in Houston it's almost impossible to find anyone to ask about anything - worst customer service I've ever seen. Even when you find someone chances are good that they don't have a clue. It's also hard to find a lot of items - located in places I never would have guessed instead of places where logic would dictate. It's OK to wander around and see what you can't live without but infuriating if you're in a hurry and just need to pick something up and leave.

Reply to
Tom

Boise, Idaho. You just ask someone and they tell you the aisle or they find someone who tells you. Sometimes you have to ask two different people, but it is usually quick and the employees are always polite. Occassionally I hear someone that is a bit full of his own B.S. that you would just like to slap, but it is rare. Most of these people aren't technicians, so they don't know much more than what other people tell them. Normally they either they know and can answer your question or they don't know and say it. I lived in Arizona for 4 years and I was appalled at the employees and the level of service. Never got an order from Sears that was totally correct. One time I ordered an air filter for my 3/4 ton pickup (I was living about 80 miles from the nearest town), and received a package that was 1 by 4 x 6 inches. Anyone with a brain could quickly figure that it didn't contain and engine air filter in 1974.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

C'mon SB... It's right there in the title! :)

60 tooth, ATB, C-2, Combo!
Reply to
mttt

I believe a combination blade is one which works well at both ripping and cross-cutting. I have these blades on my tablesaw, my miter saw, and my radial arm saw and have found that they work well for me in all three places.

Lance

Reply to
Lance Spaulding

Just sayin it don't make it so. . .

-- SwampBug

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Reply to
SwampBug

I'll buy that, but what about that blade that makes it do both? Most every blade I ever saw with uniform tooth spacing and expecially at that count, was listed as crosscut or plywood blade. I was just trying to learn sumpin. . .

-- SwampBug

- - - - - - - - - - - -

SwampBug

I'll second this statement about the Houston store. I wanted the 6" and

12" squeeze clamps that were on sale just yesterday and the first guy I asked, well, I had really inconvenienced his ass by disturbing him at work. Then he looked it up on the computer and said, nope got none.

So I really want them and I figure I'll try again. I get another guy, which YES, it is always hard to find anyone to ask anything, and he walks me to the back and we find a half dozen of each size on the shelf.

And then only 1 register was opened with 3-4 people waiting. Of course after I waited for all those people to check out with handwritten checks, asking for special favors, filling out warranty papers, then they opened the other register.

Reply to
Bruce

Beautiful, downtown Okolona! You?

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

Just right down the road in Hillveiw Puff

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Would you mind sending some of them to the Houston store? Better yet - send the manager - sounds like he knows how to run a shop.

Reply to
Tom

Sweet! Hidy Ho neighbor!!! Daughter and SIL live off Mt. Washington Rd. back by Sister Seton church.

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

Geez being in Okolona your kinda "Caught between the BORG's" lol Puff

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Sorry, we would call that cruel and unusual punishment for the employee or the manager.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

HAHA, Nope. I'm a subcontractor and I work on Lowe's computers all over the place. My loyalty lies to just one BORG, the one it's named after. Big Orange Retail Giant. Besides I can walk to HD, I'd get run over walking to Lowe's!!!

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath