Harbor Fright

Page 3 of 3
Puff, where do you go to HF? Is there one over by you anywhere? I've managed to go to the one off Bardstown road in Beuchel a time or two, when I get in the area.
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
That's the one. Before I got laid off I worked right around the corner on Old Shep Puff BTW What part of town do you live in ?

Beautiful, downtown Okolona! You?
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
Just right down the road in Hillveiw Puff

Sweet! Hidy Ho neighbor!!! Daughter and SIL live off Mt. Washington Rd. back by Sister Seton church.
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
Geez being in Okolona your kinda "Caught between the BORG's" lol Puff

HAHA, Nope. I'm a subcontractor and I work on Lowe's computers all over the place. My loyalty lies to just one BORG, the one it's named after. Big Orange Retail Giant. Besides I can walk to HD, I'd get run over walking to Lowe's!!! <G>
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:06:04 -0500, Cape Cod Bob

more features.
easy depth adjustment oilless operation nice case fit and finish magazine loading ergonomics
as far as where the rubber hits the road- they seem to drive nails just fine.

I'd add "ease of clearing jams". The HF nailers usually require an allen wrench and removing several screws. Some of the other, higher priced, nailers are easier to clear.
Yeah, plust they can usually be had for $15 or less. I paid $14.99 for mine, and it's worth that if only for entertainment. The fact that it shoots brads just fine is a bonus.

There are a lot of great buys at HF. Usually, they have multiple ads going at once plus our local store will match catalog and internet prices. As someone else mentioned, make sure you locate an ad since the items on the shelf are not always labeled with the sale prices (even though they ring up correctly at the register). Anyway, one item I'd definately recommend that's currently on sale is their 60-tooth 10" blades for $10. Here's a link to the blade:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/Displayitem_retail.taf?itemnumber8543
I've bought about 7-8 of them and use them pretty much for everything now. When they get dull, I just chuck em. Much easier than dealing with re-sharpening.
Lance
I looked at that link, just exactly what about that blade makes it a "combination" blade?
-- SwampBug - - - - - - - - - - - -

C'mon SB... It's right there in the title! :) 60 tooth, ATB, C-2, Combo!
Just sayin it don't make it so. . .<s>
-- SwampBug - - - - - - - - - - - -

I believe a combination blade is one which works well at both ripping and cross-cutting. I have these blades on my tablesaw, my miter saw, and my radial arm saw and have found that they work well for me in all three places.
Lance

I'll buy that, but what about that blade that makes it do both? Most every blade I ever saw with uniform tooth spacing and expecially at that count, was listed as crosscut or plywood blade. I was just trying to learn sumpin. . .<s>
-- SwampBug - - - - - - - - - - - -