Harbor Fright

Page 2 of 3
In rec.woodworking

Nonsense! I got the TiNi coated Forrestner bit set and I'm very pleased with it.39812-0VGA for $22.99 on sale.
Also, if there is anything you really want, bring the webpage printout and they will match the price if the store price is different. Sometimes the store prices are different.
Wonder if they'd let you carry it on the plane like the OP is going to do? I suspect anything with sharp edges would be a bad idea (regardless of the quality) to carry on an airplane.
-- Larry C in Auburn WA
wrote:

router
pleased
Larry C wrote:

Put it in the checked luggage.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
They wouldn't let me take a pay phone on a plane (DCA). I promised not to use it in flight but still no go.

use
It is not the phone that is the problem, but the long cord slows the plane down. Ed
actually the forstner bits is what I bought that turned me off on the stuff that had to be sharp. Tried to use one and it just burned into the wood.
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Bruce" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com> wrote in message
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Bruce) wrote in message wrote:

Yeah, I have the same set, it's fine. It surely won't last as long as a $100 set, but in two years or so, I'll just drop another $22.99 on some more.
I also have their $9 brad-point bit set (in the brick-sized metal box, with 3 rows of bits up to 1/2"). It's been doing great for me for a year now. Again, for it's price, I'll just replace it if some bits get dull.
-Mike
On 19 Feb 2004 05:21:52 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Mike Reed) wrote:

How about their hole saws, three bucks and in a plastic case? The plastic case itself would have cost more than five bucks!

fine for slow cuts in thin soft wood. better to buy quality hole saws....
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:04:31 -0500, "KYHighlander"

that's too much of a generalization.
lots of the cutting tools at HF are junk, but not all of them.
Ray wrote:

I have a dial indicator and magnetic base from HF. They're fine for my use.
I'm also satisfied with the Pittsburg brand bar clamps I bought from HF.
-- Mark
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 04:39:23 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

Same here. I got it at their regular sales both dial indicator and base for $13. I have more than 80 clamps all types and sizes from HF. it would have cost me a small fortune if I bought these elsewhere.
Never buy anything at HF, unless you check the prices first.

In rec.woodworking

I am TOTALLY UNSATISFIED with the the Pittsburg bar clamps I bought. Wanna know why? I bought 4 6" and 4 12" for $1.99 and $2.99 respectively. I'm unsatisfied because I didn't buy 12 6" and 12 12" for the same money :)
They're everything a Bessey light duty is for 1/5th the price.
Bruce wrote:

ROTFL!
-- Mark
I don't see any harm in going to the store and looking around. I did that when I was on vacation. You might end up spending more time in the place than you planned. I took a car, and I probably would have bought more if I had the room in my car.
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 06:18:37 GMT, "Mark Jerde"

Wait 3 months and they'll be on sale again.
Their quick-grip clones are on sale now, too. Get a few for third-hand needs. I've found the cheapies to be larger and bulkier than the equivalent from quality clamp mfgrs, but WTF? They work fine and are 1/4 the cost. HF #46806, etc.
- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened. --- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
In rec.woodworking

I just picked up 6-12" and 6-6" of these and they seem fine. Before I bought them, I clamped them to the table as hard as I could to look for flex or twist. They seem great.

I think their air brad nailer for under $25 is an incredible buy. Works great. I have no idea how a brand name one for $100 could be any better.
I agree Bob. I got one when it was on sale for $12.99 and it hasn't given me the slightest but of trouble. Puff