Harbor Freight Variable Speed Multitool- $50

Page 2 of 2
Using coupons and a "tent sale," today I got the single speed model for $35 less 20%. There are raised bumps to hold attachments securely, despite having to use the hex head screw. FWIW, the few times I will use the tool, this is fine. The $ 80 version was also on sale today with a coupon for $50, but I opted for the cheap one due to the anticipated low usage.

--
Nonny
When we talk to God, we're praying,

Good choice, but you you'll find out just how wrong you are on the "low usage" of that thing. They're addicting. <scritch, scritch>
-- No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up. --Lily Tomlin
On 3/15/2010 6:59 PM Matt spake thus:

Yes; check the Harbor Freight Reviews site: http://hfreviews.com
(like this review: http://hfreviews.com/item.php?id 07)

- a Usenet "apology"
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:40:39 -0800, David Nebenzahl

Thank you for the link to Harbor Freight Reviews. I didn't know the site existed. The reviews seem pretty fair minded to me.
I bought the $34 model at harbor Freight and I'm very impressed with it.. I'm primarily a turner but bought this just to prove to myself that a sander with a blade attached to it couldn't cut wood.. WRONG!
It's earned it's keep just in the 5 or 6 times that friends have come over and I showed them simple plunge cuts with this beast..
Get one, it's a great tool..

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On 3/15/10 9:59 PM, Matt wrote:

That's the single speed. The coupon is for the variable speed.
--

-MIKE-

I don't know what "the King" is, but the HF unit is great. Once you have it, it will get used a lot more than you think. You will find yourself tackling things you previously would have skipped over. Sort of like what happens when you first learn to weld.