Harbor Freight Table Saw Question

I am considering this saw:

understand the the downfall of most saws is their fence and their power. This saw seems to have adequate power and I was considering the fence from
Seems like a good fence system for the money.

I don't want to start ANOTHER HF bashing thread, so unless you have experience with the actual saw I am referencing, you need not reply. As a few of the others here on the board, I have bought some things from HF that are fabulous deals and well worth the money.

You should hear all the people whine when I tell them that I learned how to set up my HF band saw from looking at the Grizzly's and the Rigid. They are nearly IDENTICAL and since they are ALL made in Taiwan, I wonder what the chances are they come from the SAME company with a different paint job!!! LOL!!

Reply to
Elmar

I don't have experience with that particular saw, but, I do have experience using a calculator. It is not 3 HP. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:32:43 -0500, "Greg O" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip

hehe, im an owner of one of the "peak developed" sears beauty's, and i love it...but even 1.5hp is being generous

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

Go to

then the "Woodworking tools" board, do a search of the "46813" for the past year. You'll then find review/comments from those who's got hands-on experience w/ this saw. Hope this helps.

P> I am considering this saw:

Reply to
Pinwu Xu

What would be a good SMALLER saw to bolt on an aftermarket fence and crosscut sled to?

I don't want to spend $5-700 on a saw I am only going to strip down.

Reply to
Elmar

Thank you VERY much Pinwu. I found that site very helpful!! Seems if you mention HF around here you are blasted with all the "Pros" here with their $1500+ table saws.

I found people that actually USED the saw!!!!

Reply to
Elmar