Harbor Freight quality

I have been looking at HF prices and they are well below other name brands. Anyone have good/bad experiences with them. I am specifically looking at thier stacked dado blades, router bits, slot cutter set, and reciprocating saw.
Thanks,
Chris
RE: Subject
Since you are asking, you already know the answer.
--
Lew

The stacked dado blades are an excellent value for the money when on sale for $20.
Rich S.

The other day I blew twenty bucks on their stack dado blade. I have not had a chance to use it yet, but for a twenty, what the hell, thought I would give it a try! Greg
I have one of their reciprocating saws. Crude efficiency is the best I can say. It seems to be working OK but it doesn't have the tight feel of a Makita or Milwalkee. I don't use it much. If it was an everyday tool I would step up a bit in quality.
I used to have an HF bench grinder. Totally useless. The motor inside the big housing was actually smaller than my table fan's.
GTO(John)

and the last three at fifteen bucks each. Can't tell any difference in the quality between the fifteen & thirty dollar ones but all of them get a lot of use in a factory maintenance operation.
Other people must like them too because I had to buy three last week to replace year old units that suddenly got stolen.
/// Smokey http://www.machlink.com/~allenbaugh/wood/woodstuff.htm http://www.machlink.com/~allenbaugh /
Chris wrote: Group: rec.woodworking Date: Fri, Aug 15, 2003, 2:20am (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (CCarruth) I have been looking at HF prices and they are well below other name brands. Anyone have good/bad experiences with them. I am specifically looking at thier stacked dado blades, router bits, slot cutter set, and reciprocating saw. Thanks, Chris ****************************************************** I only ever bought one thing from them and that was a spring loaded reel with 50ft of 3/8" air hose. It was industrial quality like you would find in a garage and I am happy with it. Peace ~ Sir Edgar

Unfortunately, not everyone is independently wealthy and can afford to drop $200 on a dado set or whatever. Given the choice between a sub-perfect dado set that works and no dado set at all... what would you pick?

A router bit
Brian Henderson wrote:

A router bit.
-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA
Thu, Sep 11, 2003, 7:26pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (BrianHenderson) says: Unfortunately, not everyone is independently wealthy and can afford to drop $200 on a dado set or whatever. Given the choice between a sub-perfect dado set that works and no dado set at all... what would you pick?
Unfortunately, some people don't understand that reasoning. Sure, I'd like a new Unisaw, but I have a HF bench saw, because that was what I could pay for at the time. Hey, it does what I need it to, and, I am happy I have a saw at all. I take what I can afford, am grateful I have it, and I don't whine about it.
JOAT If Pro means 'For' and Con means 'Against', you can safely say the opposite of 'Pro' is 'Con'. Can we then assume that the opposite of 'Progress' is 'Congress'? - Unknown
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 9 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /
A router.
So I installed it on Linux...