Harbor Freight Multi-tool WOW!

If you search "multi function" on the HF site you'll find it--there are two, and .

Reply to
J. Clarke

Thanks Dawg, Lee, and J. I searched for "multi" and "multi-tool" and came up empty. I didn't think to search for "multi-function" or "multifunction"; you'd figure "multi" would find those, but I guess not...

Reply to
Steve Turner

I had the same problem. I looked number of times and did not find anything. Which is why you need the magic phrase to find anything in cyber space.

It helps a lot that Harbor Freight is actively promoting these things. I have seen them on sale almost constantly for awhile lately. I even got a flyer in the paper at my house recently This is the first one ever in my city. You just about can't go outside without tripping over one of these "multi'function" tools! Didm't you notice anything the last time you went outside? ;)

It is also on the Harbor Freight opening page on their website now.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 23:37:19 -0800, the infamous mac davis scrawled the following:

I got an HF MFT for that price, have used it 4 times now, and I'm still finding things new and wondrous things to do with it.

I picked up the triangle rasp (carbide grit) this weekend but haven't used it yet. I hope they last well.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 14:04:24 -0600, the infamous Steve Turner scrawled the following:

"multi" would

"variable multi" just took me here:

appears that sanding is the only real use for the variable speed. You can slow down the machine so it doesn't eat those ghastly expensive (comparatively) tiny, triangular bits of sandpaper in 3 seconds. (It takes 10-12 seconds now, at the slowest speed. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Here's a discussion:

seemingly not about cut price Fein originals.

Reply to
LDosser

The local store sent out a flyer with two coupons 20% off Multi-tool - $34.99 Now normally you can use one coupon or the other. Not both.

However, they forgot to remove the sale price tag, which said $34.99

So I got it for $27.99

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

Mine (model 67256) says on Page 8

  1. Place attachment over Spindle (5) shoulder facinf forward. Line up the holes on the attachment with the tabs on the Spindle shoulder (See Figure A).
  2. Attachmentsa may be mounted at angles up to 90 degrees left or right. The attachment should not turn on the spindle. If it can turn, make sure that the holes on the attachment line up with the tabs on the spindle and tighten the cap screw securely.
Reply to
Maxwell Lol

Do you have the same model as MIKE? Different models, different design.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

Apparently, yours falls into the "some units" category.

Reply to
-MIKE-

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 01:28:46 -0800, the infamous "LDosser" scrawled the following:

My client, to whom I showed my HFMFT, bought a Dremel. I got a triangle rasp from HF for him and it doesn't fit! Hole pattern is a bit different. He may buy an HF to go with it, anyway.

Heads up on blade interchanges!

-- An author spends months writing a book, and maybe puts his heart's blood into it, and then it lies about unread till the reader has nothing else in the world to do. -- W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor's Edge, 1943

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks! I've got one of the original Fein variable speed models, bought at a time when I had more money then sense. I still have the Fein, but now have neither money nor sense.

Reply to
LDosser