Harbor Freight Multi-tool WOW!

Page 4 of 4
On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 01:28:46 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"

My client, to whom I showed my HFMFT, bought a Dremel. I got a triangle rasp from HF for him and it doesn't fit! Hole pattern is a bit different. He may buy an HF to go with it, anyway.
Heads up on blade interchanges!
-- An author spends months writing a book, and maybe puts his heart's blood into it, and then it lies about unread till the reader has nothing else in the world to do. -- W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor's Edge, 1943

Thanks! I've got one of the original Fein variable speed models, bought at a time when I had more money then sense. I still have the Fein, but now have neither money nor sense.
Joe Bleau wrote:

A DOLLAR? Maybe for the diamond studded one...
I can't imagine the production costs to be greater than two-cents.
Giving Fein their due, however, they, like the pharmaceutical companies, needed to have a tremendous mark-up to be able to fund the development of their next-generation product.
No, wait...

Fein makes a ring with grit that fits between the blade and the arbour which greatly reduces slippagea. Slippage has not really been a problem for me although it has happened on occasion.
On 03/01/2010 10:18 PM, Joe Bleau wrote:

Anybody have a HF link to this incredible tool youse guys keep going on about?
--
Repeat after me:
"I am we Todd it. I am sofa king we Todd it."
Steve Turner wrote:

--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK !

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?itemnumberg256
Here is the other. The advanced model with the variable speeds, etc.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumberg537
On 3/2/2010 1:44 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

If you search "multi function" on the HF site you'll find it--there are two, <http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumberg256> and <http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumberg537>.
On 03/02/2010 12:44 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Thanks Dawg, Lee, and J. I searched for "multi" and "multi-tool" and came up empty. I didn't think to search for "multi-function" or "multifunction"; you'd figure "multi" would find those, but I guess not...
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Which is why you need the magic phrase to find anything in cyber space.
It helps a lot that Harbor Freight is actively promoting these things. I have seen them on sale almost constantly for awhile lately. I even got a flyer in the paper at my house recently This is the first one ever in my city. You just about can't go outside without tripping over one of these "multi'function" tools! Didm't you notice anything the last time you went outside? ;)
It is also on the Harbor Freight opening page on their website now.
On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 14:04:24 -0600, the infamous Steve Turner

"variable multi" just took me here: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumberg537
It appears that sanding is the only real use for the variable speed. You can slow down the machine so it doesn't eat those ghastly expensive (comparatively) tiny, triangular bits of sandpaper in 3 seconds. (It takes 10-12 seconds now, at the slowest speed. ;)
--
Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.
--Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

The local store sent out a flyer with two coupons 20% off Multi-tool - $34.99 Now normally you can use one coupon or the other. Not both.
However, they forgot to remove the sale price tag, which said $34.99
So I got it for $27.99