Harbor Freight Jointer

Does anyone have any experience with either the Harbor Freight 30289 or 45253 6" Jointers? The are now priced 259 and 260 respectively. There is a store about 60 miles from me and I'll make the drive to take a look in person if anyone can give some positive feedback. Thanks.
Hi, about a year ago I bought a new Yorkcraft 6" jointer from Wilke Machinery, I love it, no problems what so ever. www.wilkemach.com It's priced at $299 + shipping.
Tony

By the way how much you paid for the shipping and which part of the country you are in?
I pay plenty for my 8' and I live in the Midwest.

I also bought the Yorkcraft 6". Shipping was $80 to Tulsa OK
Jeff

I paid $265 for two machine 8" Yorkcraft and the 15" planer.

I live in the Midwest too, but where do you go to get wood that requires a 96 inch jointer? :)

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 01:26:35 GMT, Larry Kraus
Correction 8" and NOT 8'
Sorry.

Hi, shipping was $81 from the warehouse in PA to Knoxville, TN, even arrived on a truck with a lift gate, no extra charge, was R & L Carriers, nice truck driver.
Tony

Did you mean $219 and $269? I have a HF near me so I have taken a good look at these jointers. I was not real impressed, but for the money they probably are ok. The fence is poor compared to a Jet, Delta, or Griz. Some have said the fence was no big deal because you most likely will set it at 90 degrees and leave it there. Greg
I have no experience with HF's jointer but my biggest concern would be the quality of the knives. It'[s ben my experience with HF edged tools that the quality of the metal is suspect and doesn't hold an edge well. Maybe someone knows if the blades can be replaced by better ones.
Vic