Harbor Freight bandsaw assembly (motor plate)

Hello,

I'm assembling the HF 32208 4-speed bandsaw and have a quick question on the motor plate orientation. Looking at the stand from the side with the power switch, is the high end of the motor plate on the left or on the right?

Thanks, Wayne

P.S. Will a Herc-U-Lift fit on the bandsaw stand?

P.P.S. The 4 speeds are 600, 1140, 1670, & 2670 FPM. For cutting wood, should I always use the 2670 FPM speed?

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

The high end of the motor plate goes toward the switch. This means that you are on the side away from the table when you make your adjustments.

Set it for the highest speed (motor smallest, transfer pulley largest from motor and smallest to the drive wheel. Keep the belts tight and it works like a charm.

I had it set up backwards, until the light went on. Wondered why it wouldn't cut anything. DUH!!!

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

I don't remember how I assembled mine, but I don't recall any difficulties following the manual. I know that doesn't help.

I keep mine on the highest speed. I use a $10 all-welded-steel (like Delta) mobile base from Homier.

The saw looks ugly, but has performed very well.

Reply to
AL

Yes, I see now that this is the only way the motor plate bracket will fit so its hole for the bandsaw line up with the holes for the bandsaw in the "face plate" of the stand. In fact, there's an updated manual available at

for the 32208 bandsaw that has better pictures of this.

Oddly, though, when it came time to mount the motor plate to the motor plate bracket and to the support plate, even though all these pieces have elongated holes, I had to go opposing extremes on the left-right adjustment to get the motor plate square to the support plate and the motor plate bracket. I assume it should be square?

I guess when it is time to put on the v-belt, I'll see if the motor pulley and the bandsaw pulley are aligned or not. If not, I'll have to lengthen some of the elongated holes for the motor plate so that there is some adjustibility.

Thanks, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

hello,

I can not tell you as I do not have the saw next to me, but as you have the saw now, do yourself a favor and buy the following:

6" raiser kit ($50) bearing blocks ($12)

well worth the money...

ho, and also, make a new clearance plate to replace the existing flimsy plastic one...

and then buy a good blade and you will be set....

cyrille

Reply to
Cyrille de Brébisson

I know this thread is several months old, but I'm just getting to it...so Are ther raiser kit and bearing blocks Harbor Freight pieces or are they some other brand that happens to work?

Thanks

Reply to
Duane Elliott

HF brand. They are on the website. I own them and they are a good swap for your hard-earned dollars.

The earlier poster is correct ... get a GOOD blade (the saw will handle up to 3/4") and ditch the dippy plastic table insert.

Bill

Reply to
W Canaday

Thanks for the answer. I've been traveling and hadn't checked back in a while.

Duane

Reply to
Duane Elliott