Harbor Freight 2HP dust collector

Anyone have any experience with this Harbor Freight dust collector: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?ItemnumberE378 ?
TIA
Dan

yep. <http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/search ? hl=en&group=rec.woodworking&q=Harbor+Freight+dust+collector&qt_g=Search +this+group>

I've been using mine, plumbed through 4" PVC pipe with not complaints for the past 4 years. If plan to save money by using PVC or S&D (the later is cheaper) you can count on a few headache with making connection to gates and 4" hoses and their adapters. If you have more money than time buy DC plumbing through a specialty supplier such as Penn State Industries (there are others) and they will even plan the layout for you.

Thanks for the helpful reply. Do you use yours with the stock bag setup, or with the canister filter conversion HF offers: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber278 ? I have read the unit doesn't filter fine particles too well with the stock bags. Have you noticed this? Some say the Grizzly G5556 bags will fit & filter better, and that any bag lets a lot of fine dust through.
Here's an interesting link on another conversion on the machine to improve filtering, for anyone interested: http://www.msu.edu/user/olsonbr2/HFDC/HF-DC.htm
Thanks again
Dan
Dan wrote:

Get the Wynn kit, model 95A if I remember correctly. Then buy the bags at someplace like Penn State.
Dan wrote:

The 30 micron bag lets exactly the dust you most need to control slip through. I have one ... but I also run a room air filter that gets stuff down below 1 micron. I use a 'cyclone' lid on a large fiberboard drum and it keeps the drum scrubbed clean. I probably need to bleed some air into the system to reduce the suckage but I don't use it enough to pet the sweaty things.
Bill

I've been using one for 3 or 4 years and it still runs.. lol
The only thing I'd like to see different is that the motor be 110/220 as it does pull a lot of current on startup..
I use 4" DC hose with several blast gates and a shop made trash can separator and am happy with it for the money..
I was thinking of upgrading the bags to a filter canister but for less than $300 I bought the jet ceiling mounted air filter instead..
One MAJOR improvement was adding the noise suppresser (muffler) from Penn State... That really quieted it down and was a good investment for $80..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing