Harbor Freight 2HP dust collector

Anyone have any experience with this Harbor Freight dust collector:

?

TIA

Dan

Reply to
Dan

collector:

?>> TIA

yep.

Reply to
bridgerfafc

I've been using mine, plumbed through 4" PVC pipe with not complaints for the past 4 years. If plan to save money by using PVC or S&D (the later is cheaper) you can count on a few headache with making connection to gates and

4" hoses and their adapters. If you have more money than time buy DC plumbing through a specialty supplier such as Penn State Industries (there are others) and they will even plan the layout for you.
Reply to
C & E

Thanks for the helpful reply. Do you use yours with the stock bag setup, or with the canister filter conversion HF offers:

? I have read the unit doesn't filter fine particles too well with the stock bags. Have you noticed this? Some say the Grizzly G5556 bags will fit & filter better, and that any bag lets a lot of fine dust through.

Here's an interesting link on another conversion on the machine to improve filtering, for anyone interested:

again

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I've been using one for 3 or 4 years and it still runs.. lol

The only thing I'd like to see different is that the motor be 110/220 as it does pull a lot of current on startup..

I use 4" DC hose with several blast gates and a shop made trash can separator and am happy with it for the money..

I was thinking of upgrading the bags to a filter canister but for less than $300 I bought the jet ceiling mounted air filter instead..

One MAJOR improvement was adding the noise suppresser (muffler) from Penn State... That really quieted it down and was a good investment for $80..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Get the Wynn kit, model 95A if I remember correctly. Then buy the bags at someplace like Penn State.

Reply to
Randal

The 30 micron bag lets exactly the dust you most need to control slip through. I have one ... but I also run a room air filter that gets stuff down below 1 micron. I use a 'cyclone' lid on a large fiberboard drum and it keeps the drum scrubbed clean. I probably need to bleed some air into the system to reduce the suckage but I don't use it enough to pet the sweaty things.

Bill

Reply to
BillinDetroit