harbor freight

a couple of months ago i wrote about my experience in trying to return a sander that i didn't need (it was a gift, so i had no receipt) to HF but the manager wouldn't accept it, nor would he give me in store credit. being fairly laid back... but given the *bum's rush* by the manager irked me a tad.... ended up writing the pres, v-p, and v-p of marketing. just got a letter from the district manager, after being directed by the v-p, informing me that i could get a cash refund, gift certificate, or exchange the item at my next visit. added to my amazement that he had also included a 10% off coupon for the trouble that i had experienced. BTW: aurora store has a new manager now.
Wed, Sep 24, 2003, 10:31pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (WARRENRN1) reminds us: a couple of months ago i wrote about my experience in trying to return a sander that i didn't need (it was a gift, so i had no receipt) <snip> he had also included a 10% off coupon for the trouble that i had experienced. BTW: aurora store has a new manager now.
You sound pleased.
I recall. I also recall I felt you were treated very reasonably, and in return, you reacted very unreasonably.
Sounds like you got more than you deserved, and I can only hope that the fact that the store has a new manager had nothing to do with your complaint.
JOAT The whole of life is a learning process. - John Keel
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /
Various stores' return polices can be strange. I can't imagine having too many sanders. But I can understand, "Please let me buy my own tools." I'm lucky enough to have a HF a short drive away--they carry some strange stuff.