Happy times in ToonTown - Lee Valley arrives

I was one of about 20 people waiting when the door opened at 9 Monday morning to the new Saskatoon Lee Valley store. Robin was mingling in the crowd, and as much as I wanted to I made an effort not to use up too much of his time. Coffee was hot and fresh, and TimBits were plentiful.

The store is gorgeous. I didn't take a camera, much to my regret, but the staff were popping flashes everywhere.

By the time I left, 45 minutes later, I'm guessing there were 150 people there.

Lots of stuff on the sale table, and everyone had their 10% off coupon in hand. I bought a few things off the sale table, and three of the B&D pirahna saw blades at $3.50 CAD each and the Veritas MKII honing jig (which I haven't used yet... Heading down to the shop shortly to do just that.)

Today, Robin Lee graciously came by the Western Producer for a tour of our publishing operation and the print operation.

Rob, plug your ears, I'm going to embarass you now.

Mr Lee is one of the most pleasant, witty, insightful, intelligent men it has ever been my honor (honour) to meet. He is soft-spoken, with a terrific smile and great sense of humor (humour). I can honestly say I have not enjoyed giving anyone a tour of our company as much as I enjoyed showing off to Robin Lee. The other thing that came across from Robin was how damned proud he is of his company and his employees, and rightly so.

Okay, Rob. You can unplug them now. ;-)

I had great fun, yesterday at the store, and today with Robin. Lee Valley is a wonderful addition to our city, and I look forward to many happy shopping trips.

Also, I'm told, yesterday the Toontown store outsold Edmonton *and* Calgary *combined* and the staff were almost tired of hearing "Thank God! I don't have to drive five to seven hours to shop at Lee Valley anymore!"

No gloat here. Just my hearty congratulations to everyone at Lee Valley, and a great big "Thanks, Robin!"

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Oh, yeah? Well... um... well. Hmmm. Well, we still have the Blues in St. Louis! Take that! (Going way back for that one).

Reply to
Joe Wells