Happy Thanksgiving

This year I'm thankful for many things:

-- The laughter of my 14 month old granddaughter

-- That I went another year without slicing myself on my table saw

-- That my 401K bounced back a bit and I may someday be able to retire

-- That everyone I care about is healthy

-- That I now have real dust collection in my shop

-- That I discovered the diabetes early in the game and can control it without meds or insulin

-- That my wife never asks why I need another tool

-- That I found a source for reasonably priced walnut and maple

-- That the folks on the wreck usually point me in the right direction

-- That I can get into my skinny jeans again

-- That the Woodworkers show is coming to my town in February

-- That my kids still still ask my opinion on stuff that matters

-- That my feet hit the floor every morning without assistance

-- That I can usually find most everything I'm looking for in my shop (pencils and tape measures excluded)

Happy thanksgiving to all!

Larry

Reply to
TD

... OK, so where's that?

OBTW, the rest of the stuff is ok, too... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

Good list and dittos on the Thanksgiving greetings to all. We really do have much for which to be thankful.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Lots of things to be thankful for. ;)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

Eat MO' Turkey!! `CAsper

Reply to
Casper

Likewise.

May your Thanksgiving be bountiful and your holidays joyful. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

I wish everyone much for which to be thankful, and the best of days to celebrate all of that.

Happy Thanksgiving from me, too!

Reply to
Morris Dovey

OTOH in the "life happens" category, MIL passed away early this AM after two weeks in hospice care.

Grand old lady; ideal MIL and had long and good innings but still a loss...

--

Reply to
dpb

My condolences. Celebrate her life today, if you can.

We just threw my MIL's ashes on the dunes behind Salmon Creek Beach a few months ago. So that'd be 3 good dogs, 2 cats, and a MIL. Me too, in time.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

dpb wrote in news:hemcea$k5b$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

My condolences, and keep the happy memories! BTDT

Reply to
Han

Morris Dovey wrote in news:hembcq$ms2$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

And from me. Now, off to the turkey feast down the street ...

Reply to
Han

Condolences. Even though it appears to have been expected, it still leaves a hole.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 11:04:00 -0600, the infamous dpb scrawled the following:

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My neighbor cooked up a couple of cornish game hens, stuffing and all. Delish! And I was graced by the company of none other than that wandering Canuck, Luigi! He's a really great guy and I'm enriched by having him as a friend. He mentioned being surprised at having a so many friends on Facebook. I'm surprised he doesn't have a lot more, now that I've spent some time with him. That was fun. Thanks for stopping by, WeeGee!

I scared the crap out of the poor guy by showing him my extremely messy, unusable shop. Sorry, WeeGee!

Condolences, but thank Buddha she got out quickly! Dad lasted a day in the hospice bed, and we all got to say goodbye. We released him with love and told him that he was free to drop the painful, old, mortal coil any time it suited him, and that we loved him. He passed that night, leaving a smile on his lifeless body for us to bury. He'd moved on. His mother spent a horrid, painful year in a hospital bed with stomach cancer. We're glad he passed quickly.

Ditto Dad. RIP to everyone who has moved into the next game. (I understand that Blob Villa will be coming back as a termite in a Terminix testing lab RSN.)

-- Q: How many climate scientists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None. There's a consensus that it's going to change, so they've decided to keep us in the dark.

Reply to
Larry Jaques