Happy New Year to all

Page 2 of 2

Yup. 50:1 happened about 1960.
It's a hoot taking my kids out on the lake in Gramps's boat. I'm sure he's laughing his ass off watching me sort things out.
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 22:09:49 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone

Welding + gasoline fumes finally got him, did they?
Oh.

Except in a 2-stroke weed eater, I've never had a problem with year or 5 old gas. You?

Cool! That Olds surely had leaded gas in it, too.
Question: Do you feel that the removal of lead from our ecosystem has resulted in a smarter and more savvy civilization?
I don't, either. If anything, society seems to be dumbing down.
As of yesterday, all contractors in the USA have to test (and control) all paint for lead for areas over 6 square feet. It's going to cost me $25 (min) to test granny's barn paint for lead, so estimates are going to start costing people.
Lead paint was banned for sale in the US 32 years ago.
Do you feel safer yet?
-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine

Nope. I've never had an explosion in a DC hose, either.
... snip

Don't know about others, but if I leave gas in my lawn mower carb for even a couple of weeks, it's a major effort getting it started the next time. Shut off the gas and let it run itself out, no problem, a couple of pulls and it takes off. Gas over 6 months old also seems to have the same effect. In our area, we have to have one of those cafe blends during parts of the year, I suspect that may have something to do with it.
... snip

So, what happens if the test comes back positive for lead?

Oh yeah, just loads safer. /sarcasm

Rob Leatham
[snipped for brevity]
And I thought we were nuts up here in Kanuckistan.
"Larry Jaques" wrote:

Nobody said cleaning up one's nest was cheap, just necessary.
Ever wonder why there are fewer gas stations?
The cost of remedial site restoration is a given, but then comes the double wall underground tank replacement if the station remains in service.
Tri-Clor clean-ups is another..
Along with lead paint, just a few more items that require clean up.
Lew +