Happy days

Page 2 of 2
On 3/17/2013 7:39 PM, Leon wrote:

No, mine are just silver. That explains it. I assume the cast iron needed the pad I see that mine don't have.
I like the clamps, they are heavy, but they are nice. BTW that htc link showed me another way to mount my clamps.. upside down. Damn That actually works well , I just freed one side of my rack by having them flip up and down. I can now bring in many more of my other clamps. I'll have to see how this works out. MAN can NEVER HAVE TOO MANY CLAMPS.
--
Jeff

Pad?

Damn, I wish mine had only cost $17. It appears I was too late to the party and they hit me up for ~$36 each if I remember right.
Larry

TS, BS, jointer and planer all on mobile bases now, Leon. The other day, you posted a link to the outfeed table you use. Any idea of approximate pricing? The site keeps it a secret.
Larry (47 days and counting)
On 3/16/2013 11:04 AM, Gramp's shop wrote:

posted a link to the outfeed table you use. Any idea of approximate pricing? The site keeps it a secret.

If you are talking about the 15 roller out feed I bought mine in 2000 for $200. Now about $329 and WORTH EVERY PENNEY.
http://www.htcproductsinc.com/downloads/HTC_Catalog_2006.pdf
FWIW this looks like a new catalog I could have sworn that a week ago the out feed was $475.
Cheaper here
http://www.7corners.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPathE2_464&products_idE970
BTY the extension comes out from the saw far enough that the longer half of a ripped 8' board or sheet of plywood is still on the outfeed and saw. Read that as long enough that you don't have to balance the work after making the cut providing it is 8' or shorter.
ALSO the older units, like mine had a fixed lower support that falls right where the dust port is at on a SawStop TS. It appears that the newer styles have a lower support that is no longer fixed at the bottom. It appears to be adjustable to a different height depending on obstacles.
On 3/16/2013 7:57 PM, Leon wrote:

http://www.7corners.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPathE2_464&products_idE970

Any chance that it is available as a retrofit to yours, sounds like just an arm and bottom support.
--
Jeff

On 3/16/2013 7:28 PM, woodchucker wrote:

I was looking at the "current" "design as you go" style owners manual. It shows pictures of my style and obviously newer pictures of perhaps a retrofit where the entire mount might be replaceable. Ill be callint them in the next couple of days.

Or just buy a new one. With the major coin you are going to pay for a new table saw, if a new roller extension would fit, just buy it. You can always tack on a little to the price of the old saw. It is a good saw and somebody will appreciate it.
When talking to them see if anybody has mounted this item on a SawStop and see what they have to say.
On 3/16/2013 9:39 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

I have considered leaving it on the saw, make it a nice package deal with the mobile base too.
On 3/16/2013 10:13 AM, Leon wrote:

I second the idea of mobile work areas. I learned of the idea when I was working in instrument area in the Chemistry lab.
With everything mobile you can arrange the work area to fit the project. If you are cutting stringers for the boat you are working on you can move the T-saw next to the boat. If you are rip sawing and need an out feed table, move the work bench into place for he out feed table. If you are cutting many pieces, you can arrange the workbench as a staging table for the saw. The combinations are limitless and will save many steps in the shop.
"Gramp's shop" wrote in message
Finally convinced my wife that I deserve the double garage for my shop and will soon be moving out of the single stall I now call home. This means a fixed location for most of my machinery, especially the TS (soon to be equipped with a fixed outfeed table). Need to do the prep work first -- power distribution and lighting and a good plan for dust collection. Want to minimize wires on the floor and all the other crap that gets in the way of my feet.
Larry (48 days to retirement, but who's counting?)
Good luck. I retired in 1985 and still don't have enough time to do everything I want to. WW
On Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:05:48 AM UTC-7, Gramp's shop wrote:

d will soon be moving out of the single stall I now call home. This means a fixed location for most of my machinery, especially the TS (soon to be equ ipped with a fixed outfeed table). Need to do the prep work first -- power distribution and lighting and a good plan for dust collection. Want to min imize wires on the floor and all the other crap that gets in the way of my feet.

Give it a few months. It will be too small pretty soon. Problems always exp and into the space given them.