Happy customer

A while back I posted a query re good brands of traditional hand drills. Following a tip here, I bought just the thing from Lee Valley. The hand drill already has been put to good use. While I was at it, I requested catalogs. DH has been reading them and says "these Lee Valley catalogs are dangerous!" ie far too many wonderful things to buy. Brass ceiling hooks, special scissors, knock down furniture fittings, drawer pulls...
Thanks, guys!
    Una
Yep. Lee Valley catalogs are dangerous. There's probably more coming: Garrett-Wade, Lie-Nielsen, Woodcraft, ENCO, Japanese Woodworker, etc. But Lee Valley has the nicest catalog.
On Dec 28, 6:44 pm, snipped-for-privacy@att.net (Una) wrote:

On 28 Dec 2006 19:50:27 -0800, "Never Enough Money"

They do. Good stuff, nice narratives, clear photos.
Garret Wade tends to get a little too much like "J. Peterman" in the descriptions for my taste. <G>
Add Highland hardware to the list, too.
I agree with the comments that Lee Valley is the best catalog. However, for handtools, the Japaneses Woodworker and the Lie-Nielsen catalogs are excellent.
What I'd like to see is a catalog that carried most major power tools from routers to table saws to bandsaws to circular saws, etc.
Never Enough Money wrote:

Never Enough Money wrote:
> What I'd like to see is a catalog that carried most major power tools > from routers to table saws to bandsaws to circular saws, etc.
Have you checked out Seven Corners Hardware?
Lew
Just checked out Seven Corners Hardware web page. Looks like they carry a wide spectrum of products. Thanks.
I used to get the Tool Crib of the North catalog but I must have gotten dropped from their list or they went out of business or something....
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Didn't the Tool Crib of the North become part of Amazon?
On 29 Dec 2006 12:31:43 -0800, "Never Enough Money"

Tool Crib of the North became "Tool Crib of the Amazon". Their catalog deliveries became spotty, then went away altogether.
Be sure to request their Garden catalogue also!