Happy 4th, you crazy peeps!

Page 2 of 3  


Naaa. Libby made it known that if he was going to do time, he'd blow the whistle on who really outed Plame. He threw himself on a rubber sword for his boss, but he refused to do time for it. That $ 250K fine will be 'handled' via a book deal from one of the GOP 'contributing' news corps.
Balls had nothing to do with it, IMHO.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Robatoy wrote:

If your gonna rant over U.S. politics at least bother to get a few facts correct......Richard Lee Armitage (State department) was the "guilty" or leaking party.......he was not charged with any crime, as apparently he was not aware that Plame might have had covert status. The abbreviated version has Libby committing perjury because he said he had learned of Plames identity from Tim Russert where-as the prosecutor thought he had learned it from Cheney. Incidentally Libby by position has full rights to know or discuss Plame's CIA position just not publicly.
Novak the original reporter to "spill the Plame beans" has subsequently and clearly stated that Armitage was his source.........Oddly from the early get go, the prosecutor knew the facts including Armitage's role...... The "why" of the wide net investigation, to find out what he already knew deserves a answer.
The jury did not think Libby had his facts strait and he was convicted for his confusion deliberate or otherwise.... do you remember every conversation verbatim and in order that you have had in the last 6 months? Bush exercising his unquestionable constitutional right at pardons and/or commuting sentences simply did his job as he saw fit.....However there is no rubber sword to fall on ....Armitage leaked the friggin story......
If you know how to read the following can spell it out the short version for you..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plame_affair
Rod
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Don't even THINK of trying to swifboat me, especially with a source as feeble as Wiki.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

At least you understand the actual "swift boat" concept......i.e. the truth. Incidentally it wouldn't take 5 minutes using none wiki sources to find that Armitage indeed outed Plame thus completely dispelling your dopey "fall on the sword" summation.....But truth and ranters rarely meet, its not convenient<G>.....Rod
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You're assuming that it started and ended with Armitage. How do _you_ know that?
As in almost all things in life, there's plenty of blame to go around.
Don't take this stuff personally.
R
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
RicodJour wrote:

A multi year /multi-million dollar investigation and that Novak and Armitage have both said as much ......Novak is the original journalist whom publicly released Plames CIA job connection with Armitage being his specific source.

Not personal at all......I only bother with off topic silliness when the truth is bent so far out of whack......I never could understand anyone who cares enough to have a opinion who cares so little about establishing a basis for said opinion. Sadly 30 second sound bites from a oft prejudiced media does not really inform.......Rod
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Oft prejudiced.....holy fuck... how DO you say that shit with a straight face. Man... I tell ya, either get informed. or get out of my sight. You are talking shit, bubba. http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_wayne_ma_070705_libby_a_long_time_mo.htm
Your asses are being owned and operated by a bunch of eastern european claimants of some kinda freaky birthright to a piece of land in the middle east...and it's 'okay' to kill whoEVAR gets in the way.
Please study a neutral version of history before you get into my shit.....'k?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Robatoy wrote:
> Oft prejudiced.....holy fuck... how DO you say that shit with a > straight face.
Don't you have a plonk file or is your puter software underprivileged?
Lew
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_wayne_ma_070705_libby_a_long_time_mo.htm
Well your link fully explains your crackpot positions...as well as your complete inability to address any fact I've proffered.....your web site wouldn't know reality if it bit them in the Ass......Tis sad when the silly conspiracy claptrap leads to anti-Semitism though, takes all of the fun out of a light hearted discussion. Rod
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Right, Rod diagrees with Rob..ergo Rob is a crackpot. How typical.
You take an extreme right position, I link to an extreme left website. Now that we're 'balanced', I can tell you that you're extremely disillusioned. If you swallow. hook, line and sinker, all the bullshit that the Bush administration spews forth via their leaks and media manipulation, then I feel sorry for you.
I prefer to go through life without blinders on.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

How about wheeling this thread over to a more appropriate newsgroup? Or going private and doing whatever you guys are intent on doing to each other...
R
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

It is hard to find intelligent people in the political news-groups. They're just pissing contests. At least, in here, there are some brains present.
But, none of that takes away from the fact that I worry about my American friends.
.end
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Appreciate the sentiment, but sorry to say you're wasting your time. There is a historical cycle to which all civilizations are subject, and this one is now on its downward swing.
... and there simply ain't enough balls, or altruistic intellect, left to change the fact.
c'est la vie ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 18:31:55 -0700, "Rod & Betty Jo"

Everyone know's that Armitage was the source. If you believe that Armitage acted of his own accord then I guess you've been convinced by the President the Vice President, Libby and Fox News.
I guess the jury wasn't convinced and neither am I.
Mike O.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Since you apparently do not understand what Libby was convicted of I wouldn't be surprised you wouldn't be convinced as well......The jury did not convict him of leaking anything but rather misrepresenting when and how he learned of Valerie Plame's CIA employment. If he had been convicted of violating the 1982 Intelligence Identities Protection Act the charges and penalties would have been entirely different and definitely severe. May I repeat Novak and Armitage have already verified that Armitage innocently (he did not know releasing her name was illegal) released her employment status with the CIA......The prosecutor had no case against anyone for leaking her identity but did convict Libby for perjury......Rod
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 03:07:13 -0700, "Rod & Betty Jo"

I know exactly what Libby was convicted of. So does the President since his statement did not disagree with the perjury conviction only the penalty. Libby lied and even the President knows it.
I realize that the Armitage situation is a different (not unrelated) matter. You can believe that Armitage acted independently or out of ignorance. You can also believe that the Vice President and his staff (including Libby) knew nothing about it. I choose not to believe either scenario.
Mike O.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Mike O. wrote:

You would be wrong.

Andrew Johnson pardoned 1.4 million Confederate soldiers.

Bill Clinton pardoned Marc Rich and Pincus Green, both fugitives.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

And sixteen Puerto Rican terrorists. And his younger brother Roger, a convicted cocaine dealer.
--
Regards,
Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:
-snip-

-snip-
Actually, the mandatory sentencing guidelines, for which this administration has been a stickler (up to this point), for Libby's crime are 30-37 months. He got the minimum. But, I guess 1 day was too large a price to pay, for someone of his stature, for the crime.
Renata
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

...
when you know enough to shut up, find a willing audience.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.