Happiness is: ?

Page 3 of 3
Swingman wrote:

My mom made rosaries for an order of nuns to give to people they prayed for. When anyone got sick she'd enlist the aid of those nuns. God apparently listens to nuns more, they're THE God Lobbiests.
Wiggling toes doesn't sound like much until you realize that they indicate that some, if not all the wiring is still there and signals are getting through some of them now. THAT's a very good sign that the rest of the wiring may still come back on line.
Robatoy - you hang in there too.
By the yard it's hard. But by the inch - it's a cinch.
Your sister sounds like a pretty incredible person and it sounds like it runs in the family because she's got a pretty amazing brother.
Take care and keep us up to date. Lots of folks in this group pulling for you all.
charlie b
charlie b wrote: [snip]

Nuns have a way to get somebody's attention.*G*

After her second surgery on C-5 & C-6, which was done in Kansas, they managed to releave some of the pressure which they didn't quite get rid of in Michigan. Her spinal cord was never 'severed' but crushed/bruised/pinched.

Thank all you Wreckers for the support, I pass these posts on to her. The hear that Swingman's mother and some nuns are added to the prayer effort, puts a huge grin on my face....and sisters' as well.

Here's another.
I don't post on the subject often, but I do think of her *every* time I go up or down the stairs. I'm approaching 50 years old, and based on your posts now *ALWAYS* use the handrail going up and down. If something takes two hands, screw it, find another way. Keep one hand on the rail at all times. If it still takes two hands, screw it twice. I aint gonna take it up or down the stairs.
I know it's probably no consolation, but what happened to your sister has affected my daily life. I think of her all the time (each time up and down the stairs.) I hope somehow this is a benefit to her, and the rest of y'all.
My prayers (of whatever dubious benefit) are with you.
-- Mark
Mark Jerde wrote: [snip]

So do I, so do I.
..to think of the times I would be working late and making a snack and taking it on a plate in one hand, a mug of something in the other, maybe a utensil clenched in my teeth.....down my office-stairs. I don't do that any more. Every time I see my kid flying down the stairs from her flat to the main floor. no hand rails used.. no feet.. no problem. litterally flying. I cringe.
That's good news. Hang in there.
TomNie

When both your WWII's come back from Forrest after sharpening and as good as new!
(A good case could be made that procrastinators really need three.)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

as smooth as you remember it, you get a bit of splintering, or you just cut a couple of nails in half.
I sent a few blades to Ridge Carbide Tool in New Jersey. Two came back as good as new, the third one better than new. Although none were made by Ridge, they sharpen any brand.
message Hey, that brings up a question that has puzzled me. As a fairly novice

What did they charge you?
You could, of course, go to their website were they have a price list.