Hanging it up! Downsizing!!

I am 78 years old. My wife and I are downsizing and moving into an assisted living community. I have sold most of my tools but I still have something that I don't want to get rid of, but I must. I have a collection of do-it-yourself magazines. They are Popular Mechanics, Popular Science, Mechanics Illustrated, Handyman etc. They take up 22 feet of shelf space and there are 756 of them. The oldest is a 1941 Popular Mechanics that my Dad bought me when I was 12 Years old. From then on I was hooked. Many were issued during the war years of WWII. I quit buying them in the early 80's when they quit publishing in a how-to-do-it format and publised in a magazine format. I have indexed many of the projects. For example there are

20 issues that have how-to- build boat plans. I would like to get 20 cents per copy or best offer. The whole lot must go. These books are far too heavy and costly to ship. I live about 30 minutes from the Morgantown Exit on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. About 30 miles west of Philadelphia. Anyone interested can e-mail me for more information. I know that you don't want folks using this group to sell things but I hope you will forgive me. I have an attachment to them and just can't destroy them. Getting old sucks!!

Clint Stoner snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

I plan to also place this on the home improvement group.

Reply to
Clint

Clint,

Good luck. I wish I was closer. I love the old magazines.

cm in AZ

Reply to
CM

Love reading those, esp from the 40's, thru maybe 1953. Buy them from antique stores, and read them cover to cover. Many good hints there, those old farts were pretty sharp. I dump the excess on my son, and would get yours, except I'm in Montana. Hope they find a good home.

Rich.....

Reply to
rich