Hang up vacuums? You like?

I don't do any woodworking but figure this is as good of place to ask as any
I'm in need of a modest size shop vac for general home use
I see where they make some that hang on the wall.
any opinions on these good or bad?

I have a Hoover GUV and love it. It is quiet, powerful, and the filter is easy to clean. Had a shop-vac hanger, but it was not nearly so good; I exiled it to the garage.

Is the GUV light enough to take off the wall hook and walk around with while vacuuming?
That's my concern with the heavy duty GUV
Whereas the cheaper, plastic ShopVacs would be light enough. No?

No doubt the GUV is heavier. It is made of steel and has a larger motor. But with a 20' hose, moving it around isn't necessary.
I have a Ridgid 12 gal wet/dry vacuum and it works great I tried the shop vac brand but are very LOUD. And I just got the thing called Bagkeeper that I ordered for my 12 gal Ridgid wet dry shop vac and it works great. I first tried to make my own from seeing the one on the web site but the ones I made kept getting crushed just like a pop can from the power of the vacuum. I used wire fencing from Home Depot by the time I was done trying my own design I spent more than what it would of cost me to order one off the web. Well anyway now I see that they have a $5.00 dollar rebate on each one ordered....THIS IS A GREAT IDEA I WISH I THOUGHT OF IT!!!

Does it hang on wall?
If yes... what model number?
Model WD5500 I forgot to post the web site for the Cage that I bought that holds a trash bag in place so it wont get sucked up to the filter here it is http://www.bagkeeper.com
have anything to do with this product?
No

how forgetful of you.
you wouldn't happen to have any financial interest in this product, would you? http://groups.google.as/groups/search?hl=en&q gkeeper&qt_s=Search
or this one? http://groups.google.as/groups/search?hl=en&q=know-dust&qt_s=Search
couillion wrote:

ooh a marketing virus!
er
--
email not valid

Wow! If he has something to do with the product and this is his idea of a marketing plan he is a total POS.
On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:22:29 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Hi, John!
Matt
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote: I purchased a new filter from Lowes that fit the Rigid vacuum and then I went back and bought one for my Lowes vaccum.
It's the Heppa filter for these vacs. They work great. I've sanded drywall and no dust gets through the filter and I've also ahd the canister completely full of saw dust and dust/dirt from the floor od my shop and it keeps on sucking. It seems like the filter never clogs up.
here is my latest project.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/karson

I didn't say above quote

"ben" has been shilling his stuff in a couple of newsgroups, almost verbatim. "ben" took the opportunity to use the post from "me" to slip in a legit sounding plug for his crap. Frank may have grabbed your name because you started this subject. I checked some of the posts made by "ben" before throwing his name out to the wolves. I think "me" has been cleared on this one, Karson clipped a little too much or not enough before the start of a reply. The quote you are referring to as not being yours is the start of Karson's reply.
couillion wrote:

Thank you for bring this to our attention. After checking this out I found out that my Daughter was trying to help by telling wood workers and others about our products for dust collection. Well anyway she has promised not to do it any more she is in the senior class. I also noticed that nobody said anything about the comments that I gave about radiant floor heat for the basement or about 240 volt power for this guys son-in-laws house. Well anyway after this is posted I am dropping out of groups. Thanks again And I am very sorry that this has happened. Ben
karson snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com says...

This is not a shopvac, but we bought a Miele vacuum with Hepa filter. We were told if we ever get the smart idea of sucking up drywall dust with this machine we'll be shit out of luck trying to claim on warranty. That was the one and only thing, but they made a point of it.
-P.