Handyman Club of America

Page 1 of 2
I get their mag, but now they're offering me a Life membership!!! For the meagre sum of $530... less a couple of rebates. Has any of you joined this with any benefit, or is this a gimmick not really worth the trouble. I would like to hear opinions both ways.
Thanks in advance Gil
They give away a great free glue spreader.
Vic

Vic Baron wrote:

I've got one "Made in USA" Wonder if they've got a town of that name in China? Joe
Sounds like desperation to me. If they go out of business (and magazines do all the time) you may rest assured you will NOT receive a refund. Mike in Arkansas who is somewhat cynical.
Gil -
Well, that's it then... We'll *HAVE* to kill you now that you've spilled the beans. If you think that a LIFETIME membership in HCA is worth 530 clams, then by ALL means. I mean, HCA is no "Skull and Bones society" but hey... S&B members have to remain content with ruling the world WITHOUT those handy li'l sanding sponges and plastic drill gauge checkers. Pity.
Tell you what I'm going to do - You can be the Exhaulted High Wamoo in HCA, through ME (I am HCA's SUPREME OVERSEER, but as part of HCA's rituals, they MUST deny this information to you) and I am the ONLY one that can confer that title of ultimate prestige. Better yet, I can do it for only 400 bucks AND it comes with a TWELVE PAK of Sanding Sponges (YOUR CHOICE OF GRIT SIZE, subjet to availability)
I await.
John Moorhead (aka The-Powers-That-Be)

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:45:20 GMT, "John Moorhead"

That's what you think. I bet both Bush and Kerry got freebie Miller's Falls Patent Plows in bronze when they joined Skull and Bones.
John Moorhead wrote:

S&B? enlightenment required
Badger -
S&B... from the preceding sentence... "Skull & Bones"...
John

Google that, adding "Yale", for more info.
Patriarch
"patriarch <" wrote:

Then, just for fun, look up Wiffenpoof and get falafel at Mamoun's. Or find a date up the street at SCSU.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Mammon's also has a location within walking distance from my office. GREAT Shish-kebab! While we're taking Yale, don't forget the William Morris exhibit at the British Museum that runs until 1/2/05.
Barry
Ba r r y wrote:

Thanks for the spellcheck, it's been almost 20 years since I was in there, and yes, their shish-kebob was great. I'm down in VA now so I'll pass on the exhibit.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Actually, your spelling was better than mine. <G>
<http://www.mamounsfalafel.com/
Barry
Ba r r y wrote:

Sheer luck, but thanks for the URL. That's a fun walk down memory lane. I had no idea that there other locations. Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

"The new telephone book's here ! ..."
Regards, Tom.

You may very well be the only subscriber.. LOL I have heard of no one that has subscribed. I would hold on to my money. Life time may be "their" life time.
Gil wrote...

Opinions _both_ ways? That will take awhile. (G)
Jim

Straight and gay/lesbian?
Hi Gil, I'm a member too. I get those Life membership offers too. I got one today, too much money. I just shread the check and the rest goes in the trash. I kept the carpenter's pencil...that's about 6 of those now. I got 3 drill index. I never did get a glue spreader. Save your money. Joe