Handwheels for Craftsman table saw

Would like to replace my plastic hand wheels on the 15yr old Craftsman table saw. About a year ago Sears offered replacement wheels on their website, but they are no longer available. Any suggestions? Are after market hand wheels by other manufacturers compatible with my saw?
matt
Seen many of them on ebay. Matt wrote:

I bought a set from a local Sears back in December and I'm sure I have seen some with in the last few months. Sears is in the process of adding and dropping Craftsman merchandise right now so you might call local stores and ask, it wouldn't surprise me if some local stores still have some. The stock # is 9-22262 and the model number drops the 9 and is 22262 which is the number you should ask a clerk for. If I get a chance I'll check a store not too far from me tomorrow. Rob Mills (Sears retiree)

WOW! Your right, I just checked ebay and some joker is advertising them as "Buy Now" $29.95 and has the guts to want $9.95 shipping. Don't think I paid more than 17 or 18 bucks for a pair. RM~
Try here: http://www.mcmaster.com /
Search for handwheel
JJS
Matt wrote:

Matt wrote:

I had the same problem with my Craftsman saw. The plastic ones disintegrated and I called Sears in Canada with the part number. They had replacements in stock and were $17 each. I grabbed a pair
However the real story is that they were 10 times better. They were cast (aluminium?), had handles that were mounted on a slippable bolt, and had a set screw to tighten on the flat of the shaft.
The local Sears warehouse outlet has more of them and I'm pretty sure they'd ship to the US if asked. I can give more details if you need them.
Tanus
Thanks for the info. I will give them a call with the part number and see what happens.
Tanus wrote:

I had to replace the handwheels on my Delta contractors saw. The money I saved on a generic handwheel was not worth the time spent adapting it. If you can find the right part, buy it, otherwise you might try: http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/N2DRVSH
Matt wrote:

You can always construct one. Shopnotes had an article about making all kinds of knobs for shop use. I'm sure you can make one from some scrap lumber, maybe better than OEM. I use pallet wood for these kinds of projects (walnut, oak, cherry, maple, hickory, etc.) It can't be too difficult. I like to use a lacquer spray from a can--dries fast, cheap and looks/wears good.

You might also try Grizzly. They have handwheels for sale as well. Obviously you'll have to check the keyway size etc.... but they may work. Cheers, cc

Another alternative is Reidtool
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:25:57 -0500, Chris Dubea

Grizzly.com has a bunch as well