handsaw recutting in UK

Can anyone recommend somewhere that knows how to do this properly? My local places all just send them away somewhere, & I want to know that I'm using someone competent.
(Last time I used "Blademaster" who put on the wrong number of TPI and set it when I had asked them not to. Apart from that a great job!).
rgds,
g.

where in the uk are you , i an give you a couple of places in the midlands
Steve Robinson wrote:

I'm in Suffolk, but posting is fine - it's finding somewhere that knows what they're doing and do what they're asked that's hard (I don't have enough saws, or patience, to try out everyone who advertises in yellow pages :)).
Mon, Feb 27, 2006, 8:47pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@no.spam.thanks (graham) doth want to know: Can anyone recommend somewhere that knows how to do this properly? <snip>
I'm not sure what you meant by "recutting". To me the term means to completely take off the old teeth, and then recut new teeth. Is this what you mean?
Or, do you mean simply resharpening the present teeth? If so, this is not rocket science, and you can actually do this on your own, with some practice. I'd get a couple of cheap, used, saws, and practice on them, before trying it on a decent saw. You are talking about handsaws, right?
JOAT I'd like to give you a going away present. Just do your part.
JT wrote: > I'm not sure what you meant by "recutting". To me the term means > to completely take off the old teeth, and then recut new teeth. Is > this what you mean?
> Or, do you mean simply resharpening the present teeth? If so, > this is not rocket science, and you can actually do this on your own, > with some practice. I'd get a couple of cheap, used, saws, and > practice on them, before trying it on a decent saw. You are talking > about handsaws, right?
yes, I meant cutting completely new teeth - have a couple of old saws, nothing special, but with stupidly fine "general purpose" teeth - with appropriate teeth they could be quite useful.
g.
apols for slow reply - my news server (plusnet) seems to lose posts.