handmade goods by local artists at fair prices?

I'm looking for an eclectic mix of unique items crafted by independent artists based in North America. Functional art made from new and reclaimed wood, metal, glass and textiles. for People. for Places. as Gifts.

c1010010

There's something about the Florida Keys that attracts these folks. One of the best showings you can go to is the Pigeon Key Art Festival on Feb.17 and

18 in Marathon, FL. Look for the grey bearded bald guy taking tickets and say hi to me.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

There are numerous art & craft festivals in Colorado in the summer where very nice and unusual things are sold. The "fair price" thing is debatable....I've seen fine woodworking from jewelery boxes to turned bowls to chairs to chests to carvings to just about anything but not all at the same show. Notable shows are in Denver, Boulder, and many of the mountain towns, especially the resort towns.

I'm guess> I'm looking for an eclectic mix of unique items crafted by independent

Reply to
Never Enough Money

you might want to ask the artists themselves what they think about that show. I, fo r one, was treated horribly and would never return. All you get is island themed stuff( a requirement of the show), some good, most is kinda tacky. Seemed to me the locals with money were tired of the same old crap and preferred a bit more sophisicated venue. m

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message news:45beef2d$0$17433$ snipped-for-privacy@auth.newsreader.octanews.com...

Reply to
michele