Hand surgery update

Page 2 of 2
Doug Miller wrote:

That's good progress, just don't overdo it. You got good advice on splitting the pain meds and staying ahead of the curve as well as sticking with the physiotherapy. All I have to add is congratulations on a good surgery and I hope it all works out well.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
charlie b wrote:

Would those be short and curlies? That would be enought to make me grin like the village idiot.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
Doug Miller wrote:

Doug, the ends of three of my fingers on my left hand were severely injured by a jointer many years ago. Thanks to our common God and a very good micro surgeon, I regained the full use of that hand. The follow up therapy was very good and extended for several months. If you do have similar or appropriate therapy, I strongly urge you to keep with it until you are released. Hoyt W.
Okay.... Now that we know you aren't a wounded puppy anymore and you can sling a keyboard around - look out, we'll be gunning for ya.....;-)
Bob S.
PS - Glad to hear it went well.

fairly
surgeon
good.
support

Natch! Never a doubt! :) Seriously - great news!
Seriously serious - don't shortchange the pain meds. Nuthin masculine about it - you'll rebound *faster* if you keep the pain levels down. I look it as an opportunity to get buzzed on the Good Stuff, legally! ;->
Doug Miller wrote:

Hi Doug,
I'm glad to hear all went well. I hope your recovery is complete and swift.
glad to hear it when well, Doug. oops! I'm wasting my breath, huh? or typing.
dave
Doug Miller wrote:

Glad to hear it. My best wishes for a full and complete recovery. Larry

fairly

fairly
surgeon
good.
support
I'm quite happy for your that you can already feel some improvement and you'll probably continue to recover, though generally the rate of recovery alwas seems to slow down after a week or two to a very frustrating crawl.
One additional work of caution -- I have yet to have an operation, especially on my hands [and I've had about 10] where the surgeon's estimate of the recovery time was accurate. Unless he's had the surgery himself, he's probably judging by the "Stop Complaining Method" which is way to optimistic. Doctors -- especially surgeons -- usually judge a patient "healed" when he/she starts complaining about something else, not by when full function is recovered.
Norm