Hand Plane Gloat

I recently received a package in the mail from my mother who had been helping my grandfather (early 90s) clean out his garage. The box included a hand plane which is pictured in a post to ABPW. I cannot find any markings on it and the sole is 9" (does that make in a block plane?). It is my first decent plane and I put it to use yesterday on the mast for the sailboat I am building. It is kind of neat I am using my grandpa's plane to build my boat. My mother thinks it might have belonged to my great grandfather who passed away in the 1970s.
Wr, Tim
--
Tim Rohrer
snipped-for-privacy@metbymail.com