Hammock Stand?

I bought a hammock thinking it was complete with a stand. Didn't put too much thought into this purchase, but I'd love to get the hammock up before the summer is over. Anyone know of some free plans for a wood hammock stand. I'm having no luck finding anything. Can anyone help me out with this?
Thanks!
Wouldn't it be like a swing set in a way? If you don't want the bar/beam in your view while your enjoying the Hammock the run it along the ground with two uprights. I would make sure you support the Uprights to give adiquate strength to the structure after all no one wants to get hurt.
this is of coarse MHO,
Al
<none> wrote in message

Actually looks pretty easy to build..
Al

none wrote:

I saw a do it yourself kit at http://www.hammocks.com
Also saw plans for a stand for sale on ebay 4.99 .... item #250004617403

$110 for two metal brackets and a couple of screw eyes? Wow, am I in the wrong business!!!!!

piece for them. How many do you think you can sell?
none wrote:

How nice do you want it? I reckon you could build one out of a few 4x4s without too much difficulty. Cut one 74" for the long piece on the ground, half-lap a couple of 48" pieces across it about a foot from each end. Now cut a couple of 70" pieces that'll stick up and out from the end from the 74"er at about 50 degrees from flat. It'll be important that this joint be strong, so I'm thinking a couple of steel plates on each side, bolted, would be the easiest. Or you could mortise & tenon it. Now that I think about it, you may want to use 6x6s. Or you could just sink a couple of posts in the ground about12' apart and be done with it. Or maybe you could, like someone else mentioned, built a frame with top members. Then you could just drape some mosquito netting over it and have yourself a little naparoo. Lots of ways to do it.
JP
Thanks to all for the great help! I'm going to get working on this tonight. Thanks again!