Hammer Drills Question

The other thread on favorite drills got me thinking.

I've seen many post here about how great it is to use a hammer drill rather than a regular driver. It's been said that it makes driving the screw feel effortless. While I can easily envision this, are you guys using these in cabinet/furniture making ? Or for outdoor, construction, and larger, heavier projects ? I'm having trouble picturing myself putting drawer fronts and hinges on with a hammer drill.

jim

Reply to
Jim Bailey

The hammer drill I have takes sds bits. It has two roles. Drilling holes in concrete and when set in chipping mode it chips concrete. I guess with a sharp blade you could cob wood.

My 3/8" Milwalkee (sp.) drill has some umph beh>The other thread on favorite drills got me thinking.

Jim B.

Reply to
Jim Behning

for screws you want an impact driver. they are small light and very powerful. a hammer drill is for masonry. I think Amazon has the makita impact driver with a free drill in one package.

Reply to
Steve Knight