Halloweeny Yard "Art" Is DONE

Actually finished Sunday, but needed to wait overnight for the last of the paint to properly dry, some of it went on a bit thick. Did the last detail touchup yesterday, but just didn't feel like taking it over there, and, of course, no one stopped by to pick it up. So took it over today. I'd thought it looked a bit crappy, but I'd only seen it close up. Placed in the front yard, and getting back 20-30 feet, it actually came out right nice. Certainly has a lot more class than the blow-up stuff that seems to be the major thing now. Except for it being yard "art", I'm pretty well pleased with my work on them. I'll try to get over there in a day or so and take a few pictures.
I think the reindeer yard "art" for the dau-in-law will go well. Found a page on making them, with some good pictures, so should be no problem scaling them up. Dif find some "cheaper" plans, $13.90, each. That'd still come to better then $30 for just the plans. No way am I gonna buy plans. Those she can paint.
Is it Lawn Deer Season already?
Guess I should get out my plywood rifle and plywood shot gun and get them ready - a little sanding, maybe a fresh coat of paint and they'll be good to go. I do find the Day-Glo orange plywood hunters vest a bit uncomfortable. Maybe I'll look into the new inflatable plastic ones. Having a little flotation can come in handy when stalking the elusive wild swamp lawn deer. Though they taste a little gamier, if you dress them out right - and smoke the best cuts properly - they still taste like wood.
charlie b
on 10/27/2007 3:58 PM charlieb said the following:

Don't use the inflatable deer hunter. The kids shoot holes in them with pellet guns.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY