Hall of Fame/Shame Tool Survey

Page 3 of 3
Wish I could agree with the Crapsman assessment BUT.... when I started woodworking in the early '80s I used the same rationale as time went on, though, the quality really went down hill.
Totally agree with the SUV statement. Lot a good young Americans losing their lives in that shit hole country to fill those goddamn thing up.
On Tue, 11 May 2004 12:56:18 GMT, Scott Cramer

ask a renegade computer programmer about a dongle hack....

that's nice.....

REE Your supposed to put a smiley face behind a statement like that, otherwise people might think your serious.
ww.newb

He has to have the sharpest wit on the wreck.....brings me to tears :-)
--
Jon Down
My eBay items currently listed:

Seriously, to think that I thought he was joking.
Woodworking is a craft steeped in tradition. From the neander's to the Tim Taylor's, each uses tools based on refinement of the tried and true. Unfortunately, tradition can obscure innovation. After viewing the Craftsman-Unit-Saw modification in the binary archives, I realize that Engerman is a genius; able to see beyond the confines of convention and tradition; truly thinking outside the box. Adjusting the blade height was always over-rated anyway. Plus, the wisdom to visualize the concept of using rust on the table surface to prevent kickback will eventually make splitters on table saws as obsolete as the typewriter. I bow to the master of a new era in powertool engineering.
For other newbies like myself who missed this the first time, check out -
http://download.usenet-replayer.com/8/4/3/9/1078099348.23.jpg
ww.newb

Oh God, please someone help me find some sarcasm in this post. I've read it 3 times and I fear he may be serious....

Signed: Tom Vila

He's an understated troll with a dry wit. for a while I wasn't quite certain he was trolling, so I did a bit of troll hunting, and found his tracks under the bridge easily enough.
frankly, as trolls go, he's good. damn good, in fact. I almost regret outing him....
Fame: Elu, Milwaukee, PC sanders, Makita drills (they take a fall and keep going), old Delta stuff, Lee Valley, Bostich, Toyota
Shame: DeWalt, Woodcraft-Rockville MD store, Mercedes, Ford trucks w/manual transmissions
HD and Lowes make both lists - never rely on them for advice (not w/out being able to judge the validity of that advice), but they've been excellent at times also w/getting large orders together and traipsing all over the store for stuff. A lot of cheap stuff, particularly in HD, so you gotta know what you're buying, but customer service may be on the upswing at both.
Renata