Hall of Fame/Shame Tool Survey

My favorite is in the grocery store's pots and pans aisle: Baby Loaf Pans. Tastes like chicken....

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Have you considered that it might be German? Kar Beid.

Reply to
George

I second the table use. My old Craftsman router (gifted to me 2nd hand) found its niche use embedded in the water table.

Reply to
Greg Millen

Seriously, to think that I thought he was joking.

Woodworking is a craft steeped in tradition. From the neander's to the Tim Taylor's, each uses tools based on refinement of the tried and true. Unfortunately, tradition can obscure innovation. After viewing the Craftsman-Unit-Saw modification in the binary archives, I realize that Engerman is a genius; able to see beyond the confines of convention and tradition; truly thinking outside the box. Adjusting the blade height was always over-rated anyway. Plus, the wisdom to visualize the concept of using rust on the table surface to prevent kickback will eventually make splitters on table saws as obsolete as the typewriter. I bow to the master of a new era in powertool engineering.

For other newbies like myself who missed this the first time, check out -

ww.newb

Reply to
WW.newbie

Wish I could agree with the Crapsman assessment BUT.... when I started woodworking in the early '80s I used the same rationale as time went on, though, the quality really went down hill.

Totally agree with the SUV statement. Lot a good young Americans losing their lives in that shit hole country to fill those goddamn thing up.

Reply to
Victor Frost

Oh God, please someone help me find some sarcasm in this post. I've read it 3 times and I fear he may be serious....

Reply to
RemodGuy

Why would you want to heat hot water??

Reply to
RemodGuy

To get it to the temperature you want. It's a continuum thing.

Replaced mine two days ago, and the liability folks seem to have mandated a setting somewhat lower than the one to which I was accustomed. Guess I'll heat it another 10 degrees.

Reply to
George

Signed: Tom Vila

Reply to
Rudy

He's an understated troll with a dry wit. for a while I wasn't quite certain he was trolling, so I did a bit of troll hunting, and found his tracks under the bridge easily enough.

frankly, as trolls go, he's good. damn good, in fact. I almost regret outing him....

Reply to
bridger