half inch white wood avail in northwest?

I'm working up bid on wine bottle boxes. I need a source of 1/2 or 3/8 inch wood, 4 1/4" wide. I'm in northern Idaho so need a supplier in the Inland Northwest. I've tried Spokane near where I work but no luck. I really don't want to buy 3/4" then plane half of it away and I can't afford a resaw bandsaw yet.
Any cloos?
Thanks,
Will H
wch wrote:

Wood used for fence pickets and T&G paneling is often 1/2". Cruise the wood fencing and paneling aisles of your local lumber yard/store.
-Bruce
Why not resaw them on your table saw. Raise the blade all the way up, run it through once on edge, then flip and do it again.
Joe

inch
resaw
On Thu, 20 May 2004 01:32:22 GMT, "Joe Tylicki"

For safety's sake, leave about 1/4" uncut and finish with a handsaw. If you don't things can get goofy in a hurry towards the end of the cut.
Barry
On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:33:40 GMT, B a r r y

Maybe my saw wasn't set up well enough, but I tried this on jarrah and about 5' into the cut, my saw blade started to smoke and I had to abort due to a glowing saw blade :( Could the toughness of the wood have anything to do with this? Or was it just a badly set up saw with too much rubbing on the disk?
Sure, can be a lot of things, like moisture content differentials, saw adjustment, blade design, but mostly it's the dust that would be flying up on a through pass jamming in the cut.
wrote:

run
I've done it without incident many times, but the suggestion below is excellent. When resawing on the table saw, I use a push block/stick on top of the piece which stabilizes the piece(s) laterally, and a push stick on the side to keep it flat against the fence. As always, don't even think of standing directly behind the piece.
Joe

ANY 14in bandsaw should be able to resaw 4.5in wide boards. May take some time on your part, but no need for a specialized resaw saw
John

QUIET!!!
You will take away the excuse to buy a new and great tool.