Ha! I'm done...

... with family Christmas presents, _BEFORE_ Halloween!! (eat your heart out)

:)

down to "Calendar/Chalkboard frames" for the "rest of the story".

Reply to
Swingman

As usual, great work...but you suck anyways..

Reply to
Robatoy

I think that's supposed to have "gloat" in the header line. Especially since my first thought was that you suck!

lol. way to go Swing, enjoy the holidays.....

jc

Reply to
Joe

Yeah, but what about '08?

Reply to
Lee K

Cool, How many total?

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote

Ended up with seven ... two QSWO, and five Arkansas black walnut (where most of 'em are going back to).

Although I used the M-R and loose tenons (pocket hole joinery would have been quite sufficient), if there was ever a project for you guys with the DOMINO, this is it!

So, here's your cue! :)

Reply to
Swingman

I'm probably 90% done, the only things still out are things that are on order that should get here in the next week or two. I always finish early.

Reply to
Brian Henderson

"Brian Henderson" wrote

It's not unusual for me to still be working away on Christmas eve ... but I'm sure something else will come up now that I, for once, have the jump on things.

Reply to
Swingman

"Swingman" wrote in news:XZGdnbyovrJXJ73anZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Bah humbug. (I get so tired of Christmas before Halloween. I know retailers get in the black this time of year, but seriously don't rush the season.)

Although... it sounds like they're hand made gifts. In that case, good work.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

"FrozenNorth" wrote

EXACTLY! ... part and parcel of the master plan, and they're less than $15 a piece. :)

Reply to
Swingman

I've been away from the Wreck for a bit, and I've missed it. What a wonderful welcome back to see Swingman's new work again.

There are a number of people in here who are always helpful and seem to have a wealth of knowledge they don't mind sharing. Swingman is at the head of that pack.

Reply to
Tanus

"Swingman" gleefully exclaimed

I'm crushed, imagine swingman actually buying a ready made present.

I would have thought he would have made the calanders of wood. Each date would have been cut carefully out of contrasting wood on his old, trusty scroll saw. Each month would have a different, seasonal intarsia landscape. All finished beautifully with home made shellac squeezed personally from bugs cultivated in his backyard.

But he IS getting older. The eyes are starting to go. Doesn't have as much get and go as he used to.

So it is understandable....

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Nice. I like the understated look, it's very classy.

Where did the idea and design come from?

Reply to
B A R R Y

Grrrrrrowl......

At least it's a reminder to the rest of us... Or are you offering to take up the slack and shop for / make trinkets on our behalf since you are so efficient?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Joe AutoDrill

I'm jealous as I can't finish mine until Thanksgiving. At least all of the stuff I need to buy is done.

Nice job BTW.

Reply to
Allen Roy

Fri, Oct 26, 2007, 8:28pm snipped-for-privacy@stny.rr.com (Allen=A0Roy) doth sayeth: I'm jealous as I can't finish mine until Thanksgiving. At least all of the stuff I need to buy is done.

You suck too, just not as much as him.

JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Hey, Theo, I long ago solved the Christmas present problem: I buy my wife's present; she buys for everyone else. I can't get enough shop time in to wax my damned tables these days, which is bad, with two bandsaws, a tablesaw and a planer needing assembly, another bandsaw needing a new belt, and a kitchen cabinet I started last year waiting for its face frame. That, and cleaning the place out. I've got a full pick up (small one, though) of debris waiting for my energy to drive it to the dump. Then there's at least two more loads. If we can go without any damned family crisis for a whole month, it will get done.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Sun, Oct 28, 2007, 7:52pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Charlie=A0Self)doth sayeth: Hey, Theo, I long ago solved the Christmas present problem: I buy my wife's present; she buys for everyone else. I can't get enough shop time in to wax my damned tables these days, which is bad, with two bandsaws, a tablesaw and a planer needing assembly, another bandsaw needing a new belt, and a kitchen cabinet I started last year waiting for its face frame. That, and cleaning the place out. I've got a full pick up (small one, though) of debris waiting for my energy to drive it to the dump. Then there's at least two more loads. If we can go without any damned family crisis for a whole month, it will get done.

Hi Charlie. I just give everyone some money now, green goes with anything. But i still like to give the day-in-law and grand-dau something wrapped.

Gee, I really feel sorry for you, having all those tools in your shop. LOL i'm at the stage of cleaning out the sawdust and scraps, just so I can move around in mine. I've got curb trash pickup, come by once a week and empties my trash can. Any thing large, I chop up until it fits in the can. haven't made a trip to the dump for years A buddy got rid of an old car that way. Took several weeks, but he did it. He's one of my heroes. LOL He moved down to the beach a few years back, and havent seen him for almost tha long. He had a VW Beetle with a really radical engine. Scarey fast is probably the best way to describe it.