Ha! I'm done...

... with family Christmas presents, _BEFORE_ Halloween!! (eat your heart out)
:)
http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects14.htm
Scroll down to "Calendar/Chalkboard frames" for the "rest of the story".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/25/07

As usual, great work...but you suck anyways..
I think that's supposed to have "gloat" in the header line. Especially since my first thought was that you suck!
lol. way to go Swing, enjoy the holidays.....
jc

Yeah, but what about '08?

Cool, How many total?
"Leon" wrote

Ended up with seven ... two QSWO, and five Arkansas black walnut (where most of 'em are going back to).
Although I used the M-R and loose tenons (pocket hole joinery would have been quite sufficient), if there was ever a project for you guys with the DOMINO, this is it!
So, here's your cue! :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/25/07

I'm probably 90% done, the only things still out are things that are on order that should get here in the next week or two. I always finish early.
"Brian Henderson" wrote

It's not unusual for me to still be working away on Christmas eve ... but I'm sure something else will come up now that I, for once, have the jump on things.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/25/07

EXACTLY! ... part and parcel of the master plan, and they're less than $15 a piece. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/25/07

I'm crushed, imagine swingman actually buying a ready made present.
<shudder>
I would have thought he would have made the calanders of wood. Each date would have been cut carefully out of contrasting wood on his old, trusty scroll saw. Each month would have a different, seasonal intarsia landscape. All finished beautifully with home made shellac squeezed personally from bugs cultivated in his backyard.
But he IS getting older. The eyes are starting to go. Doesn't have as much get and go as he used to.
So it is understandable....
<g, d & r>

Bah humbug. (I get so tired of Christmas before Halloween. I know retailers get in the black this time of year, but seriously don't rush the season.)
Although... it sounds like they're hand made gifts. In that case, good work.
Puckdropper

Swingman wrote:

I've been away from the Wreck for a bit, and I've missed it. What a wonderful welcome back to see Swingman's new work again.
There are a number of people in here who are always helpful and seem to have a wealth of knowledge they don't mind sharing. Swingman is at the head of that pack.
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.
Swingman wrote:

Nice. I like the understated look, it's very classy.
Where did the idea and design come from?
Grrrrrrowl......
At least it's a reminder to the rest of us... Or are you offering to take up the slack and shop for / make trinkets on our behalf since you are so efficient? <G>
V8013-R

I'm jealous as I can't finish mine until Thanksgiving. At least all of the stuff I need to buy is done.
Nice job BTW.
Allen

Fri, Oct 26, 2007, 8:28pm snipped-for-privacy@stny.rr.com (AllenRoy) doth sayeth: I'm jealous as I can't finish mine until Thanksgiving. At least all of the stuff I need to buy is done. <snip>
You suck too, just not as much as him.
On Oct 27, 4:18 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Hey, Theo, I long ago solved the Christmas present problem: I buy my wife's present; she buys for everyone else. I can't get enough shop time in to wax my damned tables these days, which is bad, with two bandsaws, a tablesaw and a planer needing assembly, another bandsaw needing a new belt, and a kitchen cabinet I started last year waiting for its face frame. That, and cleaning the place out. I've got a full pick up (small one, though) of debris waiting for my energy to drive it to the dump. Then there's at least two more loads. If we can go without any damned family crisis for a whole month, it will get done.
Sun, Oct 28, 2007, 7:52pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (CharlieSelf)doth sayeth: Hey, Theo, I long ago solved the Christmas present problem: I buy my wife's present; she buys for everyone else. I can't get enough shop time in to wax my damned tables these days, which is bad, with two bandsaws, a tablesaw and a planer needing assembly, another bandsaw needing a new belt, and a kitchen cabinet I started last year waiting for its face frame. That, and cleaning the place out. I've got a full pick up (small one, though) of debris waiting for my energy to drive it to the dump. Then there's at least two more loads. If we can go without any damned family crisis for a whole month, it will get done.
Hi Charlie. I just give everyone some money now, green goes with anything. But i still like to give the day-in-law and grand-dau something wrapped.
Gee, I really feel sorry for you, having all those tools in your shop. LOL i'm at the stage of cleaning out the sawdust and scraps, just so I can move around in mine. I've got curb trash pickup, come by once a week and empties my trash can. Any thing large, I chop up until it fits in the can. haven't made a trip to the dump for years A buddy got rid of an old car that way. Took several weeks, but he did it. He's one of my heroes. LOL He moved down to the beach a few years back, and havent seen him for almost tha long. He had a VW Beetle with a really radical engine. Scarey fast is probably the best way to describe it.