GW Woodworking Videos

To those that enjoy my woodworking videos you will need to check for updates periodically. I will no longer be posting to here.

You can register and receive updates if you choose to here:

GarageWoodworks

I will no longer be posting THEM here. Not to here. :^|

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Well, r.w since this is a text usenet group, not sure how you could post _them_ here, anyway...if you mean you're not posting notifications of new arrivals, can grok that.

Reply to
dpb

They were posted here in the form of a URL which directed you to the video.

What is "grok"?

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Doug Winterburn

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Do you mean to imply that you don't grok "grok"?? (That's what I grokked from your question.)

Your education has been shamefully deficient. Robert Heinlein coined the word for use in his novel 'Stranger in a Strange Land'.

Wikipedia has a fairly good description, but a very -short-, simplified description is that it means that you understand not just the words somebody used, but what they _really_meant_ by that language. Do you grok it now?

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

"Robert Bonomi" wrote

Anybody who lived through the Charlie Mason murders got a complete introduction to this concept. That book was a basis for a chunk of Charlie's philosophy.

What was also discussed in that book was the ultimate method of groking somebody was to eat them. Not many people want to discuss cannabalism. But that was implicit (and done) in that novel.

Which is a little too harsh a form of groking for most folks. Robert Heinlein made it clear that he was not promoting eating people and you did not have to chew on somebody to grok them. I guess you could say that the groking we know and love today is the politcally correct version.

Which makes perfect sense. We all know that Larry is so..o..o..o.. politically correct. LOL

By the way, the reason why I know so much about this novel is we studied it in a contemporary american literature class. But I always like science fiction and had read ALL the science fiction books in my small town library system.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Jubal Harshaw was one of the best done charactors in anything I've ever read.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 19:59:24 -0400, the infamous "Buddy Matlosz" scrawled the following:

YOU would. ;)

How the 'ell ya been, Matloose? Long time no see.

Reply to
Larry Jaques