Gutless R/O sander

Hi all,
Any ideas as to why my Makita random orbit sander, which I dearly love, would have become absolutely gutless ???
I took it apart to examine the brushes but they seemed fine. While I had the cover off I also cleaned the commutator. No change at all.
With no load it revs right up but if you set it lightly on a piece of wood the darn thing stalls.
Thinking about it now, I think I put new brushes in it two or three years ago.
Wha hoppen ???
Thanks much,
Perk (:>)
--
Note --- My real email is perkatwavecabledotcom

Try blowing out the motor withncompressed air.

Did you take the pad off and have a look in there? There's usually a piece in there that is part of the brake that wears out, it's a plastic ring. Maybe just a cleaning and reseating will take care of it.
-Leuf

Can't speak for Makita, buy DeWalt has a wear part under the pad. You even get a spare with the sander when you buy it. Still have the manual?