Gun Cabinet

Page 2 of 2
"ron" wrote:

If you keep the ammo in a secure locker, locked with a lock that has only your key along all weapons being kept unloaded and secured with trigger locks, you will have gone a long way towards limiting your potential liability.
Lew
LOL.
Also hope that, if you're home, the putative thief's blood splatters will (or can be) matched with the existing finish on the cabinet and floor. Refinishing is such a PITA. Holes in the cabinet will just add a "touch of class".
Remember, hold center of mass, no need to get fancy.
Tom (also in Texas)

Tom I like the way you think. One question though. Does the "hold center mass" rule apply to the first shot only,or does it mean the whole magazine? I have to tell you, if I catch some poor idiot in my home, the first shot will be center mass, but I will proceed to get fancy.
"ron" wrote

Shotgun, buckshot ... no need to get fancy.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

You are a good man Tom. Have you ever considered public office. I would be great to have someone like you in Austin.
Politics - AAAARGH!
You can't say what you believe, it might upset someone - AAARGH!

"Tom B" wrote

Carried an M-79 with 40mm/#4 buckshot, by choice and in deadly earnest, at one point in my life. Dense vegetation will make you appreciate the meaning of "close quarters".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

some unique firepower that was appreciated by everybody else. Besides the VC like to target the grenade launcher guys.
Weren't you an officer?
Wasn't it unusual for an officer to carry a weapon like this?
Any reason you chose this weapon over a shotgun?
"Swingman" wrote:

Should I choose to once again have a weapon for close quarters use, it would be a simple choice:
A sawed off, double barreled, 10 ga, shot gun with 00 buck shot in the 1st barrel and a cross cut, rifled slug in the other (Behaves just like a hollow point).
Shoot 1st, if necessary,ask questions after it has been determined there are no survivors.
Legality of the weapon is for the lawyers to sort out.
Lew
"Lee Michaels" wrote

Yes ... 2nd looey at the time.

At the time officers were generally issued both an M16 and a 45 pistol. On advice from the guy (another Aggie, BTW) I replaced, I immediately "traded" him my M16 for his M79 on my first assignment - FO (and the only American) with an ARVN Ranger battalion ... otherwise known as that tall guy, relatively speaking, in a sea of short people, AKA "The Target". :)
I quickly learned to appreciate his experienced based advice in the most basic way ... as he also predicted. :) Besides, there were very few chances in the Central Highlands for a 'deer hunting range' shot ... even by Louisiana swamp standards.
When I took over an artillery battery later, I just carried the 45 most of the time, but always went back to the M79 on patrols, or on firebases in the boonies when we went mobile.

Shorter, _much_ lighter and easier to carry (slung under right arm and naturally pointing wherever you were), which means a ton in a hot humid climate that defies description. Despite their appearance, a bandolier of buckshot rounds was also relatively light and comfortable to carry.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

This is the BIG 120 mm version of that round.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/m1028.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgn1nhUEgo8

Lee Michaels wrote:

I'm not sure that's going to fit in his gun cabinet. Probably not even in the garage.