Guide bushings

I am looking for 1/4" guide bushings -- slimline (already gooooooogled many times) (screw-in or press in that will be placed in close proximity to each other-- 7. Think oversized domino jig. I used to have one made of steel (operative word = had) Maybe I should just make another insted of spending all this time on the net. Many thanks
Do you mean drill guide bushings? What outside diameter do you need?
Would something like these work: <http://www.allamericanproducts.com/bush/l_02.htm
Bert
Bert wrote:

Yes, guide bushings- the ones on that site were the thinnest wall I've seen, but I need something of the order of 3/8" OD or smaller. Would stainless steel tubing work? If so, where might I get some?-- I'm not planning to make a huge production run-- If SS tube might work, I could always press out the old with the new. BTW the holes are are on the order of about 1/8" apart
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?&offerings_id $04&objectgroup_id1&catid=7&filter=drill%20bushing
Look in the phone book under machine shop supplies. These are a standard tool and die item.
Or go to http://www.mcmaster.com / type drill bushings into the find box and you should be pleasantly surprised.
--

Roger Shoaf

Phil at small (vs at large) wrote:

ranted:

Got a stock number? I've never seen them there.
- In nature's infinite book of secrecy a little I can read. -Shakespeare ------ http://diversify.com Website Application & Database Development
I don't know how slim they are offhand but Rockler Hardware sells drill guides in a variety of diameters. As does McMaster-Carr. If you can't find one that will work from McMaster, you need to seriously readdress your needs as they've got dozens of different sizes and types.
John Emmons
calmly

Thanks for all the replies--- Think I'll hunt up my 1/4" hardenable steel I've had laying around for about 20 years & just make a drill jig-- Now to find that #$%^ piece if steel. Although I think I'll check out the roll pins. Phil
Another thoughtt may be a roll pin (sometimes called a spring pin). They are sized by OD, but are hardened and hollow. Any hardware store will have some, you will have to measure the ID to see how close to 1/4" they are.
Bert

yabbut they're not very round on the inside....
The bigger ones typically are pretty good, but not perfect.
There are 2 types, see the image :<
http://members.aol.com/pullingtractor/images/rollpins.gif
make sure you get the type on the left in the picture. As I said before, he will have to measure them.
Bert