Guide bushings

I am looking for 1/4" guide bushings -- slimline (already gooooooogled many times) (screw-in or press in that will be placed in close proximity to each other-- 7. Think oversized domino jig. I used to have one made of steel (operative word = had) Maybe I should just make another insted of spending all this time on the net. Many thanks

Reply to
Phil at small (vs at large)

Do you mean drill guide bushings? What outside diameter do you need?

Would something like these work:

Bert

Reply to
Bert

SonomaProducts.com

Look in the phone book under machine shop supplies. These are a standard tool and die item.

Or go to

drill bushings into the find box and you should be pleasantly surprised.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Yes, guide bushings- the ones on that site were the thinnest wall I've seen, but I need something of the order of 3/8" OD or smaller. Would stainless steel tubing work? If so, where might I get some?-- I'm not planning to make a huge production run-- If SS tube might work, I could always press out the old with the new. BTW the holes are are on the order of about 1/8" apart

Reply to
Phil at small (vs at large)

has a whole set on sale.

Reply to
JohnS

Another thoughtt may be a roll pin (sometimes called a spring pin). They are sized by OD, but are hardened and hollow. Any hardware store will have some, you will have to measure the ID to see how close to

1/4" they are.

Bert

Reply to
Bert

yabbut they're not very round on the inside....

Reply to
bridger

The bigger ones typically are pretty good, but not perfect.

There are 2 types, see the image : make sure you get the type on the left in the picture. As I said before, he will have to measure them.

Bert

Reply to
Bert

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:52:17 -0700, JohnS calmly ranted:

Got a stock number? I've never seen them there.

- In nature's infinite book of secrecy a little I can read. -Shakespeare ------

Website Application & Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't know how slim they are offhand but Rockler Hardware sells drill guides in a variety of diameters. As does McMaster-Carr. If you can't find one that will work from McMaster, you need to seriously readdress your needs as they've got dozens of different sizes and types.

John Emmons

Reply to
John Emmons

Thanks for all the replies--- Think I'll hunt up my 1/4" hardenable steel I've had laying around for about 20 years & just make a drill jig-- Now to find that #$%^ piece if steel. Although I think I'll check out the roll pins. Phil

Reply to
Phil at small (vs at large)