guide bushings

I am looking for some router guide bushing over 1". Everyone seems to carry only up to 1".
Are you talking about the ones that fit the router base???? If so which brand Router??? George

With the "standard" base opening at 1 3/16, sounds like there may be a reason.
Most operations which use guides depend on the diameter of the guide versus the bit. Can't use a smaller bit?

The router is a dewalt DW621. I got a book called router magic by Bill Hylton and when he is making some templates he says he is using 1 1/4" od bushings. I am new to woodworking and just got the router. I am going to go to the garage and measure the recess for the bushings.

Patrick Spielman's book, "Router Jigs and Techniques", details making polycarbonate sub-bases with large diameter guide bushings of PVC pipe. IIRC, the technique is to attach the blank sub-base to the router, use a point-cutting bit to dimple a center, then remove the blank and use a circle-cutting jig to rout a shoulder for the pipe, then a through hole. (My explanations tend to be as clear as mud. If you wish, I'll post the relevant bits on ABPW tonight.)
Bruce

Here is The Porter Cable Page on the template guides and I believe they fit the dewalt base plate also
http://www.portercable.com/index.asp?e399&p847
Good Luck,]
George