guide bushings

I am looking for some router guide bushing over 1". Everyone seems to carry only up to 1".

Reply to
Rich

George M. Kazaka

With the "standard" base opening at 1 3/16, sounds like there may be a reason.

Most operations which use guides depend on the diameter of the guide versus the bit. Can't use a smaller bit?

Reply to
George

Reply to
Rich

Patrick Spielman's book, "Router Jigs and Techniques", details making polycarbonate sub-bases with large diameter guide bushings of PVC pipe. IIRC, the technique is to attach the blank sub-base to the router, use a point-cutting bit to dimple a center, then remove the blank and use a circle-cutting jig to rout a shoulder for the pipe, then a through hole. (My explanations tend to be as clear as mud. If you wish, I'll post the relevant bits on ABPW tonight.)

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Adams

Here is The Porter Cable Page on the template guides and I believe they fit the dewalt base plate also

Luck,]

George

Reply to
George M. Kazaka