Groz Planes FB

Anyone with feedback on Groz Jack and/or Smoothing planes? I'm considering buying after looking at them today at the Rockler Co. retail store in Tukwila, WA. They're made in India

and look like a good value for a budget price. The salesman quoted me $35 for the smoothing plane and $40 for the jack plane. The Rockler website doesn't have much info..

TIA

Stephes

Reply to
stephes

JGS

Nope, that's not me...

stephes

I recently bought the low angle block plane. I would say the fettling will be pretty lengthy from initial inspection.

I have thrown up some photos here.

The blade will take some time to take the machining marks off.

The sole needs lapped as there is a visiable bump at the troat.

Somewhere between .002 and .003 need to be removed to flatten it. Bugbear has a site which details drawfiling which would make short work of that process.

arw01