Groz Planes FB

Anyone with feedback on Groz Jack and/or Smoothing planes? I'm considering buying after looking at them today at the Rockler Co. retail store in Tukwila, WA. They're made in India (www.groz-tools.com) and look like a good value for a budget price. The salesman quoted me $35 for the smoothing plane and $40 for the jack plane. The Rockler website doesn't have much info..
TIA
Stephes
Hi Stephes, Go here and use groz. Discussed about three weeks ago. You are not also know as Doug are you? JG
http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=groz+&btnG=Search&meta=group%3Drec.woodworking
stephes wrote:

Nope, that's not me...

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=groz+&btnG=Search&meta=group%3Drec.woodworking
I recently bought the low angle block plane. I would say the fettling will be pretty lengthy from initial inspection.
I have thrown up some photos here.
The blade will take some time to take the machining marks off.
The sole needs lapped as there is a visiable bump at the troat.
Somewhere between .002 and .003 need to be removed to flatten it. Bugbear has a site which details drawfiling which would make short work of that process.
http://alan.firebin.net/low_angle_groz.html
Alan