Grounding Shop Vac Hose

I keep getting email about viagara. will that help?

Reply to
Bridger

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:13:52 GMT, "Groggy" scribbled:

Don't have a dog. Would work with the neightbour's snotty nosed kid?

Would a rubber band earthing strap work, like Mr. Shipdeckbeam suggested in an earlier thread?

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

What would you give me for a story about carrying stick matches in the pocket of tight blue jeans?

And continue to do.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

zippo. (play on words of 'zip', as in 'nada')

How the hell are you, bad monkey??

dave

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

(blink, wince). I'd pay attention, not cash; unless you can relate the story to the tune of Buddy Holly's "Great Balls of Fire"?

Darwin Awards capture some our more deserving efforts, however, I do like seeing contender home-videos on TV every now and again, it helps to keep one focussed.

Reply to
Groggy

Some part of the vac should be grounded via the wall plug so you could use the wire trick running along the tube and tie it to some metal part on the vac, like the motor mount screw. I'd try just attaching to the base of the hose before playing with a long annoying wire. Maybe you could strip some Romex wire and use that (remember to sand the connecting points to remove the wire sealant).

I'm not sure if this will work, but I've read on here that running a wire inside the tube, taping it to the walls will stop the buildup of electricity. Running it on the outside is probably the second best thing to do, and mounting it to the base may help?!?! not sure, but easy to try.

I get a hell of a zap too btw, but now with a real dust collector I don't have the problem!

Reply to
Subw00er

Response below in anuth'a thread. My fault for growing up in Wes-kon-sin. Damn time for my Prozac to be on back-order. Can Merck do that?

'Sides, I know how this works. I show up at the first Cabal breakfast. Lot'sa laughs. Back-slapping. Everyone leaves - and I'm stuck with the check (cheque).

Fool me 1,312 times, shame on you. Fool me 1,313...

Reply to
mttt

There Is No Cabal Breakfast.

sigh...

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Spray the hose with an anti-static fabric spray such as "Cling Free". It also keeps your shop camisole from clinging.

Nova

Jack, I'm in the process of making a camisole for my shop but I have white walls, a limeish green floor, my machines are mostly gray (grey David), I have some that are blue (50's vintage Craftsman), a garish green one (Powermatic) and quite a bit of MDF I've used for shop infrastructure items (screw/hardware shelves). And this isn't even mentioning the colors (colours David) in my wood stash (everything from ash to zebrawood). This leave me in a quandary. I know that I could probably use any color as I would be borrowing from the complementary item but I just wanted to bounce this off you to see if you had a recommendation, a "one color fits all".

By the way, believe it or not but I don't have anything urine yellow (DeWalt) so I don't think I would want to go that way. What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Urine yellow is much lighter (unless you really save up a lot of coffee). Dewalt uses "Baby Shit" yellow.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

The answer is obvious. PURPLE!

Nova

And there it was right there in front of my where it was right there.

Thanks Jack.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100