Ground Screws

Picked up one of these for a 4x4 post installation at a friend's place. Easy to install and really fast installation. http://www.innotectrading.com /
On 6/23/2012 8:50 AM, Dave wrote:

Cool!
I have been looking for anchors to hold my store room in place should we have another hurricane.
So what size did you use and what is their cost? Did you put them in manually?
Where do you find them?

They come anywhere in size from about two feet up to about 16 feet. The big ones need mechanical installation, but the smaller ones can be done by hand. Have a look at the movie on the website.

For me, it was just one anchor, a small guy, with the side plates for a 32" 4x4 post. Installed with a steel rod by hand. Cost me $50 which included delivery by the local distributor.

I'm not sure where in the US you can get them. Here's the email for the guy I bought mine from.
Sorry, too quick on the send button. http://www.innotectrading.com/ for a detailed movie on all types of installation.
snipped-for-privacy@innotectrading.com for information.
The biggest thing about these is the quick installation which greatly dispenses with labour costs.
On 6/23/2012 10:44 AM, Dave wrote:

Thank you
On 6/23/12 9:46 AM, Leon wrote:

This is not what I thought of when I saw the subject line. :-) They look very cool, but I doubt they'd go over very well in TN where the bedrock is about 6" under topsoil.
--

-MIKE-

Have a look at the movie. Apparently, there's some type of solution for certain types of rock formations. Not sure about solid bedrock though.
On 6/23/12 11:08 AM, Dave wrote:

I clicked on the video and it started to download on my computer. Hommie don't play that. :-)
Their product may be outstanding but they need to hire a teenager to do a decent website for them. Theirs is atrocious.
--

-MIKE-

You can watch it online, but it's just a .wmv file and nothing else if you do download it.

Mmmm.. plays fine on my iMac. VLC installed. The site itself is not great for a multi-million dollar company.
The video sounds like fund-raiser in some spots.

I guess they have their advantages but being a cheap bastard (tm) I'll stick with (Amazon.com product link shortened)
--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 15:35:51 +0000 (UTC),

Those are augers for digging a hole, not for mounting something in a hole.
Also, I considered the $8 spike in the ground, but I think that's something that something like a pitcher pump could be just hauled out and stolen. The screw has a much greater holding power.