Grocery bag in the mail

Menards sent a grocery bag in the mail today with careful instructions about how everything that would fit into the bag would be 20% off . Turns out, a PC-557 plate-joiner fits a grocery bag almost exactly, which brought it's retail price to $160(I remembered the unit being on sale for $180 before Christmas, but unfortunately that sale was now over). I did the only thing I could do... I slipped a bagof size FF andsize 20 biscuits into the bag and brought 'em home.I still need a router *table*. I should probably buy the one for about $150, including shipping- at grizzly. The WoodworkerShowsis coming to Indianapolis in about 2 weeks. Suggestionon router table? They evidently are usually sold as a luxury item.
Cheers, Bill
"Bill" wrote in message
Menards sent a grocery bag in the mail today with careful instructions about how everything that would fit into the bag would be 20% off . Turns out, a PC-557 plate-joiner fits a grocery bag almost exactly, which brought it's retail price to $160(I remembered the unit being on sale for $180 before Christmas, but unfortunately that sale was now over). I did the only thing I could do... I slipped a bagof size FF andsize 20 biscuits into the bag and brought 'em home.I still need a router *table*. I should probably buy the one for about $150, including shipping- at grizzly. The WoodworkerShowsis coming to Indianapolis in about 2 weeks. Suggestionon router table? They evidently are usually sold as a luxury item.
Cheers, Bill
Bill, take a look at Pat Warner's site http://www.patwarner.com/ and go to here http://www.patwarner.com/router_table.html . Some excellent advice and anything he makes is top shelf. He used to be quite active in this forum and mentored many of us on using a router.
A few years back Pat wrote an article for FWW and showed how to make an earlier version of his "Precision Integrated Curtain Fence". I built the split-fence version that is shown in the router table article and have used it to make cabinet doors and drawers for 3 kitchens plus an interior door with curved rails as well as many other projects.
Build your own table and customize it to your needs.
Bob S.
BobS wrote:

Thank you for the links, Bob! I can see I'm going to have to spend some time at the site. I had considered just buying a router plate, and then I thought about all of the other pieces (like a fence and dust port) that I still wouldn't have. Surely I can learn more at Pat Warner's site.
Cheers, Billl
BobS wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- Start with Norm's NYW router station, then combine with Pat's top, fence, etc.
You get the best of both worlds.
Finish with a Milwaukee 5625 and a lift station.
You'll have a grand invested.
It will be money well spent.
Lew
On 1/3/2013 9:30 PM, Bill wrote:

I miss Menards!
I lived in Indianapolis for 10 years, and while we had a Lowes home Depot within a mile of our house we made most of our purchases at Menards. We have lived in Raleigh NC for a little over a year now.
I wish they would build a Menards in Raleigh, but under the current economy I doubt that will occur until we come out of this depression.
Keith Nuttle wrote:

Keith, I really like them too. By accumulating their "Free after rebate" (quality!) T-shirts, they even help clothe me! :)
By moving to NC, you missed out on 12 inches of snow this year! I hope you are enjoying Raleigh.
Bill

On 1/4/2013 5:18 PM, Bill wrote:

But I liked snow. I enjoyed going out in the evening when everything was sparking, and white. With it being cold for some days the humidity is low, so you don't get cold like when it is 34 and high humidity.
My grandson is praying for snow. In the past he has been quite successful as the snow in Raleigh two years ago at Christmas.
On 1/4/2013 7:01 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

There is little more beautiful than an evening in crisp, new snow ... a quietness as equally beautiful as a desert evening. When I was stationed in Bavaria in the service we used to go to Garmisch around Christmas time ... has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth in the winter.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Roy wrote:

I've routed without a table, so I believe you. My first router table may look a little like your first one!

I'm drawn to those router planes too.
Cheers, Bill