Grizzly vs Ridgid

Page 2 of 2

Naw, poor as I am I couldn't settle for anything less than this one, http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0576 For as much as I have read over the last year and a half from this group and it's reference links, the features are proper in all respects for this level of a saw. The money difference is worth it, but not for saving, or spending less to save $120, in the long run. I like the built in rollers on the other one, but it's the same lower level of saw.
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

I saw it there too, at our HD and I know, it just "seems" kind of "skimpy" in a way... wouldn't want it. I think the whole impression comes from that little motor and it's one belt(?) hanging, or sticking, out the back of the machine.
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Uh.. you just described every contractor saw in existence. The ridgid has a multi grooved belt that's better than the usual belt you find on contractor saws. The stand has a little flex in it if you twist the top, but has no effect that I can discern in use. Still quite happy with mine after a year.
-Leuf

OK that's cool.
AAvK
Double check the current draw on the Ridgid to verify the horsepower. When I was choosing between the two, I recall that the Ridgid is really only 1HP. I own the G0444Z, and I really love the Shopfox fence. IMHO, it's better than the Ridgid.
At my skill level, I'm sure either saw would be okay for me, but I'm glad I ended up with the Grizzly.
Good luck, Tom
TBM wrote:

I haven't used the Grizzly, but I just got one of the Ridgid TS3650s for a friend and I was extremely impressed with it. It hasn't had a ton of use yet (he's only had it a week) but so far, it's cut everything beautifully and it went together like a dream.
I have the rigid contractor saw and it has performed flawlessly for 4 years. I use it most every day.. It is very smooth. No problem with flatness. The fence is certainly adequate but I would like a bies. The saw guard is fair, not great. Dust collection only fair but typical for a contractor's saw. I enclosed it. For extra suction other than my cyclone, I can put a shop vac through the little hole in the top of the plexi guard and almost no dust comes out but I don't do that all the time. It comes with a mobile base which has been great. Never needed any service.
MB R