Grizzly vs Ridgid

Reply to
Mike Berger

I'll second that: I haven't read any complaints about Grizzly's delivery here, and I don't have any to report myself. My ($300lb.) purchase was wheeled inside my place on delivery.

The driver had to wheel it over to the alley and back to get it on the sidewalk, and there was a lift on the truck.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

I saw it there too, at our HD and I know, it just "seems" kind of "skimpy" in a way... wouldn't want it. I think the whole impression comes from that little motor and it's one belt(?) hanging, or sticking, out the back of the machine.

Reply to
AAvK

Uh.. you just described every contractor saw in existence. The ridgid has a multi grooved belt that's better than the usual belt you find on contractor saws. The stand has a little flex in it if you twist the top, but has no effect that I can discern in use. Still quite happy with mine after a year.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Having read all of the horror stories about the Delta X series 10" cabinet saws, and how the extension tables are warped, I decided to go with the Grizzly G1023SL Left-Tilting and the Shop Fox Mobile Base. Fortunately, I live only 30 miles from Grizzly and am able to go directly to the show room and look at the equipment. Luckily money was no object and I could have picked any one I wanted. Loaded this saw up and took it home.

Set up was a breeze. Instructions very clear. Adjusting the table extensions is easy if you follow Grizzly instructions. No shimming required to level the extensions. I learned at that point that there is not flat table extensions you make flat during the adjustment process. Extra long power cord about 15'. Only problem is the mounting rails for the Shop Fox Classic fence are not flat need to have one of them machined flat. Indicator runout on the arbor was less than .0005". Parallel to the miter slot. All screw holes line up perfectly does not require any filing, drilling, etc.

This saw runs like a jewel. Cuts "square to the world". Knowing what I know now I would pay shipping if I had to.

Remember, Ridgid is known for its products related to the plumbing. industry.

Turbotommy

Reply to
edna

I have the rigid contractor saw and it has performed flawlessly for 4 years. I use it most every day.. It is very smooth. No problem with flatness. The fence is certainly adequate but I would like a bies. The saw guard is fair, not great. Dust collection only fair but typical for a contractor's saw. I enclosed it. For extra suction other than my cyclone, I can put a shop vac through the little hole in the top of the plexi guard and almost no dust comes out but I don't do that all the time. It comes with a mobile base which has been great. Never needed any service.

MB R

Reply to
gadgetman

Reply to