Grizzly vs Harbor Freight: is there really much difference?

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@sewanee.edu (Hylourgos) wrote in

You're welcome.
I'd also note that it's pretty tough to do a comparison based on comments from the newsgroups, unless you know the individual doing the commenting. Someone who thinks the HF bandsaw is great may only use it a few times a year. Or someone who thinks the Grizzly saw is bad may be trying to turn out 100,000 widgets a year. I kinda boil down opinions garnered here with those in the magazine reviews.
Then I typically buy what I was planning to buy all along. :o)
Wow! what a statement! just because they look alike does not necessarily mean they are the same. World of diffrence in quality between HF and Grizzly also the instruction manuals and support are day and nite betwen the 2.
snipped-for-privacy@sewanee.edu (Hylourgos) wrote in message

Thanks to everyone who contributed--even those who suspect me of being a troll....
I still haven't seen any good evidence *for a few machines* that the price difference would make a significant enough difference (machines like the bandsaw and 6" jointer). But that's highly subjective, and I don't mind messing with machine setup and modification.
OTOH, the overwhelming judgment of respondents, most of whom have experience with both companies, I gather, have very good things to say about Grizzly.
I shall therefore attune my purchasing antennae to Grizzly in the future.
Thanks for weighing in, H