Grizzly Tools

I'm looking to purchase the following from Grizzly:
G0500 8" x 75" Jointer with 4 Blade Cutterhead G1023SLX 10" Left Tilting Saw with 7' Rails and Extension Table G1029 2 H.P. Dust Collector
My question is, do any of you have any of these machines and if so, do you like\dislike them and why?
Thanks, Dave

I have the 1023S. I saw no need to pay extra for what the X offers. Works great. Make sure you have a razor blade to scrape the cosmolene off.
-Jack
Did you get the extention fence and build an extention table?

Have any of you checked out the new model G0444Z which is a 2HP model that runs off 110 circuit? It has 57" rails and rips up to 30", Shop Fox Classic fence, and has a 4" dust hood under it. The cost is $525.00 plus shipping. A comparable Delta would cost you a grand.

Works
No. I mostly use it for ripping things and I have a small space to work.
-Jack

Works
Dave -
I don't think anyone on this NG has EVER asked anything regarding the quality of Grizzy equipment, especially Tablesaws, so congratulations... My take on Griz is that they are hit and miss, with more hits than misses as time goes by - their quality is getting better. IIRC, you can ASK Grizzly about local owners of the tools you're considering, so that might be the best route. Other than that, you MAY wish to do a Google Search, but I don't know if anyone has ever googled Grizzly Tools yet. It's worth a try. Discussions about tablesaws on this NG hardly EVER seem to come up. Pity.
I think you'd be okay on the DC w/o reservations, there isn't alot of finesse there.... I was considering a Griz 10" saw and the usual (Uni, PM etc) when I found a used General cab saw. Why not look around for some used old iron and let someone else pay for the depreciation?
John Moorhead

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:45:58 +0000, john moorhead wrote:

Damned near poked a hole clean through your cheek, dintja John?
-Doug

Well, I wouldn't go that far...
From: Ksu93dlv ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.comAntiSpam) Subject: Drill Press: Grizzly vs Delta? Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Date: 2003-12-14 15:26:17 PST I have my eye on a couple drill presses and I'd appreciate input regarding quality and comparisons:
Delta DP30 12" variable speed Grizzly G7943 14" 12-speed
The prices are similar (actually the Grizzly is a bit cheaper), so that's not much of a concern. I just want to know which is better and why. Or if neither is any good, what would you recommend instead for around $200?
They suggest you don't ask, just google and if you find nothing, then google some more....

not
neither
I have the G1023SL but not the X. I have no complaints and it works great.
Don

I have all three (well, I have the 1023SL) and I am happy with all. I would prefer the shopfox classic (biesmeyer clone) fence. I also built an extension to the right and a folding outfeed table.
Montyhp